Draw distances are broken

DraQ

Re: Draw distances are broken

Post by DraQ »

Many thanks.

Regarding the appearance of distant bodies - they are replaced by billboard when below certain size on the screen, then shrink and disappear as you'd expect based on perspective alone.
In other words they behave as you'd expect of anything that doesn't emit/reflect significantly more light than its backdrop.

Edit:

Bleh, I get

Code: Select all

undefined reference to `__atomic_fetch_sub_4'
In Background.o and AmbientSounds.o
:(
[/i]
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Yes it might need resurrecting as it's been unmaintained for a little while.

That looks like it might be the MinGW version used or some configuration option passed to it.

Can you give us a little more detail about what specifically it's thrown that error from?
DraQ

Post by DraQ »

FluffyFreak wrote:Yes it might need resurrecting as it's been unmaintained for a little while.

That looks like it might be the MinGW version used or some configuration option passed to it.

Can you give us a little more detail about what specifically it's thrown that error from?
It seemed to be the outdated MinGW version, but I'm getting other linker errors, it seems I'll have to ditch the prebuilt deps and build my own.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

By the way if you're building on Windows then just use "Visual Studio 2013 Express Edition for Desktop", it's all that I use and it works out-of-the-box.

On Linux you don't need an IDE you can just
./bootstrap
./configure
./make -j4
./pionner

and that's all that's required to get it running.
DraQ

Post by DraQ »

FluffyFreak wrote:By the way if you're building on Windows then just use "Visual Studio 2013 Express Edition for Desktop", it's all that I use and it works out-of-the-box.
I think I might have to. :<

Thanks!