Very nice.
nozmajner

Re: Music Contribution

Post by nozmajner »

Nice, I like it. Quite atmospheric.
franzo

Post by franzo »

Thank you! I edited my first post with the link to the other song from my friend! They're both demos.
franzo

Post by franzo »

Hey! I've updated my track. You can click on the first link in the first post so you can listen to it.
WKFO

Post by WKFO »

Pretty nice! And how shall I say... atmospheric and "feely". I can imagine a lonely colony flourishing at the end of human space, or a science ship mapping distant bodies.
franzo

Post by franzo »

I am happy you liked it. Actually we would like to receive feedback also on the second track (The one Amedeo is working on)!
WKFO

Post by WKFO »

The style of your songs are going to be a bit distinguished from other Pioneer tracks with their style, I can tell. The choice of instruments, bpm, development... (And that's actually a welcome change.) But that's just my opinion, and overall, I like it. Pretty nice.

I agree that we can use a menu track; and although what you do with them is up to you, if these contributions came in a bit earlier I would probably suggest them for "near-planet" (but nowadays I'm thinking of simply removing or at least modifying that category - changing music on every single SoI change doesn't look like a great idea).

Maybe I should just try things out in-game and say something afterwards.
Meddison

Post by Meddison »

Hello to everyone! I'm Amedeo, the composer of the second track.
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for let me in the Dev forum!

As soon as i can, i'll post a new verson of the track!
franzo

Post by franzo »

WKFO wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:55 am The style of your songs are going to be a bit distinguished from other Pioneer tracks with their style, I can tell. The choice of instruments, bpm, development... (And that's actually a welcome change.) But that's just my opinion, and overall, I like it. Pretty nice.

I agree that we can use a menu track; and although what you do with them is up to you, if these contributions came in a bit earlier I would probably suggest them for "near-planet" (but nowadays I'm thinking of simply removing or at least modifying that category - changing music on every single SoI change doesn't look like a great idea).

Maybe I should just try things out in-game and say something afterwards.
I am happy you like this style. I think that could be a good addition to the pioneer Soundtrack! So about the menu track, your choice which of the two is better for the menu and which one is better in-game. I've done another revision of the track and I've done some mastering to the song (So you will hear a louder volume). I lowered down the bitcrusher volume as requested and did some minor improvements to the track.
Meddison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:44 pm Hello to everyone! I'm Amedeo, the composer of the second track.
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for let me in the Dev forum!

As soon as i can, i'll post a new verson of the track!
Welcome! :) Finally you've made it!
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Welcome @meddison!

As I mentioned (to franzo) on IRC, now you three are the sole music "talent" in pioneer, which is quite an opportunity, since it means it's now up to you to shape pioneer's music to your desires.

It's probably good to find some common vision/process for music contributors, which could (is?) be documented on the wiki on music & sound contribution, and edit according to your desire (if anything written there is in direct conflict to what you want, check with WKFO first, as he looks to have most edits on it, to find common ground).

I don't know much about making music, but things worth documenting on the wiki could be sound canvases, instruments/"sound" of pioneer, volume normalization, and whatever else you can think of as you work on your music.