Request FaceGen

Topics about the face generator.
matanzan

Request FaceGen

Post by matanzan »

I don't know if this is the right place to ask requests, but if not, please move it to the correct place.

Request for the next release (and a happy new year to all).

Is it possible to add (or add back in) the following features in the FaceGen:

1) More than one background picture, so not every station/police/pilot/trader/everyone has the same background pic.
(ex. background_1, background_2)
2) Some way to customize a faction/star system/planet, so people can add correct backgrounds, species and races, and include/exclude them.
(for example: the SolFed Police area shows SolFed Police pics (extra race), and the Haber Corporation shows Haber Division/Haber Mechanics (extra species/extra race) etc. pics, some systems show aliens (extra species).
3) setting male and female armour and accessories: armour_0_1, armour_1_1 etc., so the women don't get a beard with an armour and males no dresses (lol)
4) Special functions
(f.e. the mechanic or the trader : mechanic_0_1, trader_1_1, crew_0_1, customer_0_1)
5) Or, in case that's not possible, and we can exclude species and/or races, can we do that by making extra races, which would actually be professions? ... btw, what would be the max on races for one species, if so?
6) Generate/set/customize ('Alien') names on a faction/planet, so my alien mechanic on planet X isn't called Clark Kent, but rather Kal-El... ;)
7)A how-to-add / how-to-create a planet/system manual etc.
8) Something to distinguish that planet or system from others, like setting a custom background for the trade center/police station or something.
Might be interesting for the modders when they add a new system.

Also a mod or script would be good, as long as we know what we need to change to get the job done.
I think this might add something to the immersion.
sturnclaw

Re: Request FaceGen

Post by sturnclaw »

Matanzan: generally, the development team doesn't take requests. We have enough work just trying to clean up all of the legacy code, not to mention being in the middle of two separate UI rewrites, updating the rendering engine, refactoring terrain generation, streamlining the asset-authoring process, updating the input handing, and cleaning up the build system. However, you are more than welcome to come over to Github (https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer) and help out by designing or implementing any feature you'd like to see in the game, so long as it follows the general universe and gameplay guidelines.
matanzan

Re: Request FaceGen

Post by matanzan »

Ok, I see you guys are really busy ;)

I have no idea how difficult it is to implement the changes I suggested, tbh.
If I could, I would try to code this, but as you might guessed.. I can't do this myself (yet).