new faces

Topics about the face generator.
GunChleoc

Re: new faces

Post by GunChleoc »

I think the difficulty with these is that they are staring straight at the camera and that their bone structure is mirrored. If the left and right side of the faces was slightly assymetrical, they wouldn't look so uncanny.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Yeah, total symmetry can be quite glaring, but that's not the only problem with the existing facegen.
I try to avoid those symmetry options in drawing programs anyway. I didn't use it for these facegen sketches either:
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Nice!
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I'll leave these here as well, IRC isn't the plase for keeping stuff after all.
Image Image Image
Spiffor

Post by Spiffor »

This is really nice, and it does really add that retro feeling Pioneer is about.
clausimu

Post by clausimu »

Yes, but unless nozmajner starts doing nothing else and cranks out 10/day - how is this going to make it into the game? They are fabulous, don't get me wrong. But is drawing each version by hand feasible?
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

For those who like this other approach:

A new page with a revision of the Facegen graphics. the purpose is to make all of them fit better together.
At this moment I'm uploading various assets to the Weebly site. It will take a little while.

There is no downloadable zip-file available yet, but the pics can be downloaded separately with right-click/save as
(for you to just try some of them out to see how they look in game).
Please read about this on the website.

Already available are many heads for Species 0, Race 0/Race 1/Race 2, Species 1 (Androids and Aliens) and Armour.
More face pictures will follow or be improved, along with clothes, hair and accessories. Not everything is done yet.

All these Facegen graphics have been renamed so you guys can just give them a try without overwriting stuff.

ImageImage

https://spacesimpics2.weebly.com/
Last edited by matanzan on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

For those two who really want to know what the emblem on the police officer is. It says: Haber Corporation Enforcement Division, but since it's hardly readable it could be anything ;)
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

Zipfiles are available for download:

https://spacesimpics2.weebly.com/

There are full downloads and 'test downloads' available.
The full downloads are a full sets of assets (like 30 / 30 faces), the test downloads are assets with only a few examples, just because Pioneer can't run without them. So you need all of them.

Full downloads: Species 0, Race 0 (males), Species 0 (accessories) and Species 0 (Male clothes)
Test downloads... Species 0, females / hair / armour

The next goal is to make the women of Species 0 available

Please make sure you scan the files (and other small files you download) first at VirusTotal.com before use.