new faces

Topics about the face generator.
nozmajner

Re: new faces

Post by nozmajner »

You might get more eyes on it on SSC, but only barely. Our forum there is quite deserted.
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

VERSION 0.1 (22 RACE 0 faces and a some more) is available at the Weebly site.

https://spacesimpics.weebly.com/

Make sure you first scan the file at VirusTotal.com before use (as with all your small downloads).
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Nice, hopefully we'll check it out.
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Firstly, these are really promising. Definitely an improvement on the existing content. I hope you keep working on it.

It's a shame that the FaceGen mod never got completed. It was so promising:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=382&hilit=facegen

Maybe you can have a look at that? They do seem to have a similar feel to the faces you are creating.
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

Thanks Charlie, much appreciated ;)

You are right, Wayne's FaceGen is amazing and it definitely was the inspiration for this mod. He's a great artist (where I'm more like a compiler) and I'd love to see his mod finished maybe one day. But I decided not to wait any longer for it ;)

I'm planning to have a version 2 ready in a week or two from now (hopefully, if nothing in RL gets in the way), with either the twenty Race 1 or Race 2 women done, and if I can, both. I'll also check and if need be, work, on some (vanilla) accessories.
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

Version 2 is available

Dedicated to Charlie G for the thumbs up ;)
clausimu

Post by clausimu »

I think it's great you are working on this! I will give it a whirl next this week.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

These are nice in my opinion, and a step up. But a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.
I don't cringe on our current facegen only because I filter them out, but it's a quite sore point of Pioneer. I'm trying to cook up a more stylized and simpler approach, something like this, but I'm slow as hell with it:
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

@Nozmajner
I think the picture looks cool, Nozmajner. And I think also that people would love to use them in the game, so you're up for some drawing soon ;)

The good thing is that Pioneer users will be able to customize their Pioneer to their own liking or are able to even have two totally different looking Pioneers running (supposed we can also tweak a bit of the backgrounds or other graphics one day - I didn't forget the Fluffyfreak's Dreams, lol)

@version 3

Hi everyone, Version 3 is ready and the focus has been mainly on Species 0, Race 2 (the African/Caribbean ladies).
The next version will most likely be about the Species 0, Race 0 guys.
Last edited by matanzan on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matanzan

Post by matanzan »

Version 4 is available ;)

Changelog:

21 Males (species 0, race 0) and six each of the other two races, and an alien male
3 New women (Race 0, and Race 1)
Some facial and hair/cap features (mouth and hair)

The previously mentioned error I had was most likely caused by a missing 0_0 (alien) male item (during the tests), so I guess no one else will get that one... after adding the item, no more errors. Please let me know if you get errors though... ;)

I used the original male hair items on the pictures, and they are 'compatible/usable', but I'm going to go though all the hair pieces and sort them or make them fit (better) in a future version

Most likely the police caps will next time be part of an 'armor' piece to get them on officers

Enjoy!