Facegen mod ready for download. Updates added to this thread

Topics about the face generator.
Evarchart

Facegen mod ready for download. Updates added to this thread

Post by Evarchart »

Hello all

I have put together an early .rar file of all of my decent assets (most half finished) for you to download and replace the current monstrosities that plague the game.

THERE ARE NO FEMALES YET!
I will get around to creating those as soon as I am able...I am sure you understand.

Now, there are a few problems with this set...I will fix those problems as time allows.

I will post any updates to the .rar file in this thread and date the .rar file on my website so you know when there's a new one been uploaded.
Currently you can't find the pioneer facegen page on my website via any buttons so if you get lost you'll have to re-load this link.

http://wayneashworthart.com/pioneer%20f ... 20mod.html

Thankyou and I hope this helps you to look at the screen when communicating with the NPC's ;)
FluffyFreak

Re: Facegen mod ready for download. Updates added to this th

Post by FluffyFreak »

Can I also add that I also want every button to look like that donate button ;)
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

Thankyou very much Fluffyfreak!
That certainly made me feel good!
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

...../ )
.....' /
---' (_____
......... ((__)
..... _ ((___)
....... -'((__)
--.___((_)

BTW, in an effort to further help content creation, john created a pull request (to be inclued in next release I think), allowing all assets to be 295x285, thus solving any future alignment issues you might have. You can read the description here: https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/pull/3548
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

Wonderful!! :) :)

Even just sorting these assets out into a more ordered structure has helped me. Knowing (again haha!) that I don't need the full 20/21 assets for each piece of each race REALLY helps me.
You would get remarkable diversity of only a handful of assets, so with that in mind I will create some females. I am just not used to drawing women...in fact, I don't think i ever have...so this should be...interesting.

Thanks again guys! :)
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

I quickly threw a shadow onto the BG to help make the character look more 3D:

(I walked home as fast I could to test this out, I am on a break from work and have to rush back now haha)

http://wayneashworthart.com/onewebstati ... reenie.jpg
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Looks really neat. I'm glad you went ahead with putting a package together. I think it is an important step towards viability - a concept that never progresses beyond a concept is always in danger of fading away.
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

Well the package has been a year and a half in the making so I thought I had better get something out there after I saw various comments online regarding the exisiting Pioneer facegen, even in this unfinished state it's giving out better results than the previous assets, I am currently working on the female assets which will be released soon, when they're at a similarly unfinshed state as the male ones. Neatening and tidying will follow.
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

Also, I just want to say a HUGE thankyou to the donators!
I am honestly massively grateful!
This has obviously spurred me on to complete the caucasian set for the facegen.

As I work full time and also create paintings in my spare time along with various other projects it's hard to get to dedicate solid chunks of time to anything creative, I am married now and I do enjoy spending time with my wife (mostly) so as you can imagine, I am stealing an hour here and there mostly.

Thanks again
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Evarchart wrote:at a similarly unfinshed state
[s]Open source[/s] software is never finished. Something working beats something perfect because perfect takes forever to achieve whilst working is out there and in use.

Even if you struggle to find time to add e.g. more ethnicities, the fact that your faces are integrated and the structure/style is there to see means that perhaps somebody who wants diversity can come on board and work on it, which wasn't really possible before. Or you can chip away bit by bit over the years without pressure or frustration whilst people get to enjoy the improvements in the game! Win-win all round. :D