Facegen viewer

Topics about the face generator.
nozmajner

Facegen viewer

Post by nozmajner »

I thought I fool around a bit with the Godot engine to make a simple Facegen viewerto make it easier working on faces.
Facegen 0.1

The aim is to give a quick way to check any combination without firing up the game. You only need to replace the image files in it's directory. (In photoshop and others it's a bit tedious to check them because you need to switch on and off layers constantly, and no way to randomize them.)
It can generate random for each part and for the whole thing.
It's quite simplistic, and windows only until I figure out exporting to linux (and OSX if somebody wants it).
It uses the same dir structure as the facegen of Pioneer, but I renumbered the images, so the number for each part in the util is the same as the file numbering. It was needed because Windows sorts them this way: 1 10 11 2 3 4... Pioneer handles them fine that way too as far as I know).
It's limited to the 21 piece of each element that were present in Pioneer. I'm not sure if it's possible to make it able to read any arbitrary number of files, but I'll check.
Also it's limited to the original image sizes too for now, but I will sure need to fix that.

Well, in it's present shape actually it's mostly useful if you have to stay up late: just open it up, press random a couple of times and you won't be sleeping for a while. :D Or if you want to alienate people on social networks.
FluffyFreak

Re: Facegen viewer

Post by FluffyFreak »

Nice work Noz! Very useful tool. You should add it to Pioneer source too :)
Evarchart

Re: Facegen viewer

Post by Evarchart »

I am going to be having a play around with this today