Hello! I am new!

Topics about the face generator.
Evarchart

Re: Hello! I am new!

Post by Evarchart »

I am getting a feel for your work, and I agree, the photorealism is being done to death. The way this game looks at the moment I have to say it has the potential to stand out from the crowd in terms of looks for sure.

I am completely baffled, it appears I downloaded and installed Pioneer last year, it must've been during my Frontier nostalgia phase. I feel quite foolish but on the plus side I just launched the newer version (I wondered why there were 2 folders...I'm not very good with this sort of thing) and it looks amazing!
Those comms screens are superb. Which makes me wonder if my character generation artwork should be higher resolution? I don't know how you feel about that or how it would work but I think before I continue I need to just double check (not that I have drawn much more than you have seen, just a few more mouths)
I am thinking, I may need to work a little more closely with you Nozmajner, just to get a feel for the kind of art you like with regards to uniforms and such as judging by you ships you are very far away from standard sci-fi, which is very refreshing!
I am almost thinking a Pixar-style facegen now as your ships look so nice and clean they remind me of something out of Wall-E or that type of thing (a very good thing, trust me). Maybe I should do some tests if this is what you imagine too?
pgimeno

Post by pgimeno »

Evarchart wrote:You made me lol heartily!! Thankyou pgimeno!

I agree, full 3D profile images will be the way to go. I would love to see my artwork in this game (maybe for a limited time until a 3D artist can provide what is needed for the full effect) but full 3D would be ideal.
Don't count on 3D faces happening. It's most likely no one will ever do it.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

pgimeno wrote:Don't count on 3D faces happening. It's most likely no one will ever do it.
Yeah I'd veto that idea from space.
I worked on an MMO a few years ago, there was a team of artists doing NOTHING but faces full-time, it still looked terrible.
The task to rewrite the code fell to me, yay, I spent month after month working on it, giving them everything they wanted. They got the quality they wanted, but it took EVEN MORE ARTISTS to get it done :(

So unless someone secretly has a team of 20, very talented, artists sat around who're willing to work fulltime for a year... I'm going with no ;)
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Maybe we should have a beauty contest thread using the current facegen? :P
The chick at Bernars's star (Suzy Liang) is actually my future wife. Our kid is the Police officer at London starport. He likes fuzzy bears.
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

HAHAA!!!!