Lunar Shuttle cleanup and extension

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
walterar

Re: Lunar Shuttle cleanup and extension

Post by walterar »

I need a Ford-K with 120 tons of cargo capacity. :))
Tichy

Post by Tichy »

nozmajner wrote:It's more like a Ford Ka for me :D
...And now I know what the "face" of the Fnord Ka reminds me, and why I find it funny! :D
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

If anybody wants to give it a try in it's premature form.
Has quite a lot of texture issues and placeholders, but the flight characteristic seems to be in a good direction in my opinion. DeltaV is quite low though, but it's a shuttle after all.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Another step with this (while being frustrated with the station texturing :) ). This is the only ship that looks really out of place currently (although the DSMiner bugs me a bit), so I want to finish it soon.
I replaced the whole engine section, it looked too goofy. The tank mightbe an overkill, but this is supposed to be a crappy Haber ship, so I don't mind inefficient engines that need a larger tank. Blender says it's 38m3 which should give it a meager 6500km/s deltaV without load.

FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

That looks much cleaner with the engines not bulging outwards now.
If anything the big tank in the middle looks much more realistic.

Anything we can do to help with the station texturing or is it just a case of needing time and relentless effort to get it all done?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

If you can fetch me a bunch of ram and fix the slowing related to patterns in Inkscape, that would help. :D I need to have separate files for the base patterns only, even scrolling is a bit too much for it.
Heh, convince my flatmate to allow a dog, but I guess that's a bit unrelated. :D
Other than that it's just a general inability to concentrate on it. And an ample amount of reference gathering for architecture.

So, yes. Time and relentless effort.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Buy nozmajner some ram - and a Dog, that might finally be a decent reason for a KickStarter campaign :D
How much are you limping along with at the moment?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

4 gigs, but I think it's more of an Inkscape issue. Will buy another 4 to max out may laptop soon.
And I will adopt, not buy when my situation gets there :D. It occupies a huge part of my mind these days, I guess that's why I mentioned at all :). The other CIW yard will have dog breed names for ship names. I need to dig up my older sketches, I had some crafts in mind.
DraQ

Post by DraQ »

The ship looks awesome (in stark contrast with the model currently in game), and I like the tank.
I did like the bigger retros of the previous iteration better, though.

Retros in the rear, built into the same housing as main engines could be made one of Haber's design hallmarks.