DSMiner cleanup

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
nozmajner

DSMiner cleanup

Post by nozmajner »

There were some (a lot) of duplicate faces in one of the DSMiner's objects pumping the tri count to around 36k. Some kind of export error of two-sided faces most likely, a simple remove doubles didn't help. Now it has ~18k and ~5k in the low LOD. I had to replace the landing legs, they didn't want to import due to some missing texture files.
I've cleaned up, repacked the UV-s and added a subtle AO pass to the texture. It's in need of a full retexture though.

I rescaled it too, so the window size is more meaningful. It's about 50m long now.
Also adjusted the stats, so it has capacities according to volume. Thrust is very low, deltaV is relatively high, about 17.000km/s fully laden, and you can churn out around 75.000km/s if you load it up with water.

Pleasegive it a spin to see if there's any problem with it.

Nyankosensei

Re: DSMiner cleanup

Post by Nyankosensei »

just a fast try, seems the landing gear is not visible on game but work fine in modelviewer idk if is only my issue, and with the new stat i'm not hable to load it in game (probably other my issue) dimension now are better how many m³ you have calculated ?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Hmm... Yeah, it only plays in the modelviewer for some reason. And it only affects the high lod. I tried re-exporting both several times, and the lower lod works fine. I don't know why.
Have you tried the Barnard's star start? You can only buy these on orbitals.
It has 1900 overall capacity, with 1720 cargo capacity.
Zordey

Post by Zordey »

@nozmajner what version of Blender are you using? One of the slightly older (one or two releases back) ones does not export animations to colada correctly.

The modifications you done for the Venturestar for me caused the animations to stop in game (but worked fine in model viewer)

I think they work OK now that I have exported them again (although I must go and check again now I think of it)
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I'm using the most recent one. It does complain about matrices though. Everything was rotated -90 in the scene, but it's the same after correcting it too.
For animated Ojects we must use decomposed <matrix> elements,
Forcing usage of TransLocRot transformation type.
It works fine with the Kanara (same message about matrices).
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Found the solution, updated the above file.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

i have modified default hyperdrive from 6 to 7 becouse i had a lot of hang problems and now work fine, the same solution work for venturestar and nerodia, i have post here the fix

http://pioneerspacesim.net/forum/viewto ... rt=20#p655
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

What was the configuration that causes the crash? I think we need to take a look at it so having a known example that breaks it is useful.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

i think is hyperdrive range, if default hyperdrave don't have enought renge for reach a near system tradeship.lua hang the game
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I've adjusted the size to 60 length, and increased the capacities accordingly. Now it has about 4700 tonnes capacity, deltaV's are the same 35k/90k km/s, thrust is 3G empty right now. It's a slow one to turn around.
The default hyperdrive is #0 for now to avoid any hang, but with a #9 you can travel up to 16ly it seems.
Updated the first post with the new mod file, but it's on upstream.