OPLI Barnard ship line.

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
torham2234

OPLI Barnard ship line.

Post by torham2234 »

First of all, thanks to Nozmajner for the nice concepts and the help he gives me.

I have decided to develop as much as I can of the OPLI Barnard ship line. I have already made the Nerodia transport as a test. I may redo that ship later as I pick up experience, to make it a bit more neater and do a better UV job.

For now, I have started to work on Sinonatrix, a very sporty small ship with very cool outline.

I have finished the hull yesterday (well, mostly..)

nozmajner

Re: OPLI Barnard ship line.

Post by nozmajner »

Thanks for contributing.
It seems good. I might want to draw some more ships for that line too then, so you and the others don't get bored :D

Unfortunatelly I managed to get a late chicken pox a few days ago (get it at childhood if you can, kids :D), so I migh not be too much more help for a few days. (Grr, i want to finish the new Kanara before the end of september).
Zordey

Post by Zordey »

I'm generally not much interested in small shuttles... but this looks nice and sporty.

It could possibly be used in a prison race series :)
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

Zordey wrote:I'm generally not much interested in small shuttles... but this looks nice and sporty.

It could possibly be used in a prison race series :)

You know what they say: "You can please some people some of the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time"

Potsmoke66 on Pioneer forums:

to the ship, no critzism, but i guess it's way to large and heavy, or in other words i miss little fighters
(with heavy restrictions like a shitty retro thrust, or just enough cargo space for some but not all "necessary" equipment,
i.e. i fit two missiles but then i have to forgo some other equipment),
they make the fun in the game.
as "weaker" the ship as bigger the challange is.
walterar

Post by walterar »

I have a dream. :)

I dream that, in the future, Pioneer will have multiple "flavors" in the form of add-on mod.
Some of these flavors could be:
Interplanetary flight simulator with strict rules of physics today (21st century)
Intergalactic flight simulator. Same as above, but with FTL.
Space trading simulator.
Simulator civilian missions in hostile environment.
And so on.
Each of these flavors may have their own set of graphic art: Ships, buildings, etc.

At present I am trying to build something that gathers, in some way, some of the above: Scout+

Scout+, one of the flavors of Pioneer, aims to be a quick game, where the different levels are represented by the different ships.

The idea is to start with a modest ship, monocab of 20 tons, and move up as you, the gains produced by different missions allow.

Ideally you would have ships of 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 90, 100, 120, and 160 tons. More than 160 tons are not practical for this game, with the current weights of additional equipment.

I say this in case anyone cares. :)
walterar

Post by walterar »

I would like to clarify that I am not saying that large ships are not useful to the game. By no means!

Only that its usefulness would be limited to trade large amounts of goods and, as NPC ships, would be highly desirable a target for those who wish to engage in piracy.

It is also gratifying to see large ships stationed in the vicinity of orbital stations. ;)
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

nozmajner wrote:Thanks for contributing.
It seems good. I might want to draw some more ships for that line too then, so you and the others don't get bored :D

Unfortunatelly I managed to get a late chicken pox a few days ago (get it at childhood if you can, kids :D), so I migh not be too much more help for a few days. (Grr, i want to finish the new Kanara before the end of september).
Get well soon. I have a very vague recollection of the pox when I was about 7. I didn't like it much.
There are still a couple of ships there, so you have some time. Maybe only if you would want to give me more direction, you could make a few more detailed sketches.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

I have been very busy at work, so I have only managed to do a little bit on the new ship. Plus, since Niakosensei on the forums have been convincing me that I use too much polygons, I have practically redone most of the hull to lower the polycount. Its amazing what you can do when you know how to do it. This newer model uses less than 1/2 of tris of the previous one, despite being a more complex model...

Tichy

Post by Tichy »

This is a ship I would like to pilot in a space racing championship! :)
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Looks good! What are those circular stuff on the top?