OPLI Barnard ship line.

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
torham2234

Re: OPLI Barnard ship line.

Post by torham2234 »

Thanks for the polish, everything you do is fine, I was just following your sketches after all :D
Thanks again for including them ingame. Like I said earlier, I might redo the Nerodia somethimes in the future, or do a bigger texture for the ship, since I didn't quite realize how big the ship will be ingame.

Crediting is fine, its an opensource after all.
I still have a mountain of work, but I am not going anywhere, I will start on the other models when I get some free time.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Thanks for your work. :)
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

I have tried to do some more work, but I am having great difficulty with coming up some good design for the front of the Storeria. It just seems so ... asymetrical :)

maybe you could give me a bit more detailed sketches, or should I start on a different ship?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I never elaborated on that idea really. I'll try to come up with something, but until then you might start another one. But not that Aspidura sketch please, that's a dead end drawing. :)
Maybe from another yard? Like the #2 shuttle from Kaluri?

Oh, and I added a weapon mount to the front of the Sinonatrix, and both of them are merged and will be in the next release.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

Ok, that took significantly longer that it did to you... I think I am a bit rusty in the blender. Time to do some practice :)

This is the scale I was thinking of

Also I am going to use my old thread, to keep the OPLI stuff in one place...
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

OK, I have been at it for nearly 15 hours straight. I think I will take a break now. If you can't see any big mistakes, I will start optimizing the mesh...

nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I think it looks quite good :) That radar dome feels a bit out of place, but it works nice this way.
I would add some maneuvering thrusters near the retro engines and front heatsinks. (Or to the wingstubs)
I can't see where the landing gear will go.
The scale also looks good. I tried a version on your model which had a longer mid section, and that proportions worked too, so maybe there could be different versions of this craft (altough it will be fun to make it in a way that they can share the same textures...).
Can't wait to see it textured :)
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

nozmajner wrote:I think it looks quite good :) That radar dome feels a bit out of place, but it works nice this way.
yeah, I was just trying to fill that big empty face with some gadgets...
nozmajner wrote:I would add some maneuvering thrusters near the retro engines and front heatsinks. (Or to the wingstubs)
I thought of this several times. The most logical place would be the winglets, since there they would have maximum torque force on the body. However they are quite small, and there is already all the wiring and machinery for the gun mounts in the winglets... I will see where they look better, either in the hull or on the winglets. The front and back have good supply of RCS nozzles, and there are two dedicated retro thrusters. Its going to be quite a nimble cargo ship :)
nozmajner wrote:I can't see where the landing gear will go.
Here:
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Wow. Those legs are huge. :D I think it would be better if they were smaller, quite like on the Natrix or the Nerodia. This proportion of them is odd to me.
I first thought that the front leg is the cargo hatch.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

hmmm... fair point.
How about this. The legs are just over 1 m long and around 0.5 m wide. That's not that big for a 15 m long craft. The red dot is the center of mass.