Re: MRO ship for Haber Corporation Idea

Post by VivienneA »

VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

Now the question is well she fly.

https://imgur.com/a/sAfxE

Lastly, https://imgur.com/a/5S0O5

The Json file and edited is as to the models and texture in the models directory.

Code: Select all

"angular_thrust" : 8600000.0,
   "capacity" : 30,
   "cockpit" : "",
   "down_thrust" : 600000.0,
   "effective_exhaust_velocity" : 8840000.0,
   "forward_thrust" : 2500000.0,
   "fuel_tank_mass" : 25,
   "hull_mass" : 30,
   "hyperdrive_class" : 0,
   "left_thrust" : 600000.0,
   "manufacturer" : "haber",
   "max_crew" : 4,
   "min_crew" : 1,
   "model" : "mro1000",
   "name" : "mro-1000",
   "price" : 101000.0,
   "reverse_thrust" : 1100000.0,
   "right_thrust" : 600000.0,
   "ship_class" : "medium_ranger_explorer",
   "slots" : {
      "cargo" : 30,
      "engine" : 0,
      "laser_front" : 1,
      "missile" : 0,
      "sensor"  : 0
   },
   "roles" : {
      "merchant" : true
   },
   "thruster_fuel_use" : -1.0,
   "up_thrust" : 1100000.0
}
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

I finally have a working copy with the help of nozmanjer.

The file https://drive.google.com/open?id=14EBX6 ... 9-5VYa38Ow

There is one more minor thing to add a minor camera changes.

https://sketchfab.com/models/59391b81c3 ... ddacf2c386
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Looks good to me, but I'm no expert. It's probably too late now, but if I'm to "complain" on anything then maybe the four rectangular boxes for engines looks a bit too simple in my eyes, but then that's the philosophy of Haber.
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

impaktor wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:06 pm Looks good to me, but I'm no expert. It's probably too late now, but if I'm to "complain" on anything then maybe the four rectangular boxes for engines looks a bit too simple in my eyes, but then that's the philosophy of Haber.
Yea. I took the approach of a over sized pickup truck, cramped, and annoyed. The Haber way isn't explorers so. I think the first attempt at a medium range explorer would be lacking. For example, lots of engines but too small, little to no living space or long distance travel, bare minimum scanning machinery, room for a small vehicle but a little to small for extended outings. Plus give everything some generic model name like it rolled out some industrial factory.

The Haber way.
clausimu

Post by clausimu »

I like that you can see it's a Haber ship, but still quite different from just a bigger Lunar Shuttle. Haber needs more ships anyways. I think it's a great addition to the game!
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

clausimu wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 pm I like that you can see it's a Haber ship, but still quite different from just a bigger Lunar Shuttle. Haber needs more ships anyways. I think it's a great addition to the game!
Cool. Thanks.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Great looking ship.

Nitpicks: The flaps that open to let out the landing gear need to be double-faced. When viewing through the model viewer at least, they are invisible from one side when open. Also, the flashing navigation lights are awkwardly placed. Traditionally, green lights are on the right side with red lights on the left. I'm pretty sure that's how all ships in the game are as well. I suppose you could break with tradition...

I've made a glow map and two pattern textures for random colour. The patterns are basically one speckled paint job where the grime appears darker than the paint, and one "clean" paint job but with the grime put into the alpha which makes the grime appear lighter than the paint. In both cases I didn't go full-bore on the colour, so they're often muted or pastel-like. For example, these pictures are with 0,0,255 -- as blue as can be.

The glow map isn't so obvious in light, because your diffuse map has the windows so dark. Here's without the light. Because the diffuse texture has the windows as dark as it does, this is about as bright as the windows can shine, which actually isn't so unrealistic, but is different from most ships in the game which have very bright windows.

Anyway, you're free to use or modify the textures as you see fit -- http://www.keeper1st.com/pioneer/mro1000texes.zip
Perhaps the seams in the side panels could be less obviously gray, for example.

Naturally, you'll have to add

tex_glow mro1000glow.png
use_patterns
to the .model file in order to use them.
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

Thanks. Oh cool. I'll check out the flaps today.
Keeper wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 am Great looking ship.

Nitpicks: The flaps that open to let out the landing gear need to be double-faced. When viewing through the model viewer at least, they are invisible from one side when open. Also, the flashing navigation lights are awkwardly placed. Traditionally, green lights are on the right side with red lights on the left. I'm pretty sure that's how all ships in the game are as well. I suppose you could break with tradition...

I've made a glow map and two pattern textures for random colour. The patterns are basically one speckled paint job where the grime appears darker than the paint, and one "clean" paint job but with the grime put into the alpha which makes the grime appear lighter than the paint. In both cases I didn't go full-bore on the colour, so they're often muted or pastel-like. For example, these pictures are with 0,0,255 -- as blue as can be.

The glow map isn't so obvious in light, because your diffuse map has the windows so dark. Here's without the light. Because the diffuse texture has the windows as dark as it does, this is about as bright as the windows can shine, which actually isn't so unrealistic, but is different from most ships in the game which have very bright windows.

Anyway, you're free to use or modify the textures as you see fit -- http://www.keeper1st.com/pioneer/mro1000texes.zip
Perhaps the seams in the side panels could be less obviously gray, for example.

Naturally, you'll have to add

tex_glow mro1000glow.png
use_patterns
to the .model file in order to use them.