MRO ship for Haber Corporation Idea

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
VivienneA

Re: MRO ship for Haber Corporation Idea

Post by VivienneA »

I am posting a new .zip file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q2HEH ... AmGM1Owxmu

It contains fixes based on people suggestions including.

Major
A) Addition of patterns.
B) Addition of glow map.
C) Thickness added to landing bay doors.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

I spent some more time on texturing for this. Not only fixing a few "errors" in the diffuse and specular maps, but with the pattern. Took a while to find all the right bits, but now it isn't all a swath of colour, for pattern01, and the colour for that pattern is deeper.

I'd like to make an opposite version of this, where the white bits seen here are the only coloured parts, with the rest of the ship in its white default. All changes in the same zip file as before: http://www.keeper1st.com/pioneer/mro1000texes.zip
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

Ok. Cool.

I'm going update it on my end. Next ship Ill make the uv clearer. I want to eithet make a hauler ir mining ship next.
Keeper wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 am I spent some more time on texturing for this. Not only fixing a few "errors" in the diffuse and specular maps, but with the pattern. Took a while to find all the right bits, but now it isn't all a swath of colour, for pattern01, and the colour for that pattern is deeper.

I'd like to make an opposite version of this, where the white bits seen here are the only coloured parts, with the rest of the ship in its white default. All changes in the same zip file as before: http://www.keeper1st.com/pioneer/mro1000texes.zip
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Isn't that deep blue color a bit too "Toys R us"? Just thinking out loud.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

It's no different than other "full-color" ships like the Mola Mola. I wanted it to be deeper than the other pattern, where the colors end up being pastel too much of the time. If need be, go ahead and reduce the brightness of the alpha channel a little bit to ensure no deep colors are used. Load it into the model viewer and play with the random color generator button to see how it will look in the wild.
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

Do anyone have any other feedback? I'm trying to figure out if Decalmachine worth getting and possibly doing a Haber ship of some type.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I'll check tomorrow, but I think it could be included already. And we can come back to the textures later, after we figured out if the decal workflow is working for our case.
VivienneA

Post by VivienneA »

nozmajner wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 pm I'll check tomorrow, but I think it could be included already. And we can come back to the textures later, after we figured out if the decal workflow is working for our case.
I posted the latest zip at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xgsex ... CmQ1sd7YcK
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I've checked the zip. Good work. The textures need some love, but let's wait with that until we checked the usefulness of the decals method before doing anything with that.
I think it should be a "medium_cargo_shuttle" for now, so the game won't look for a non-existing icon. There's no other effect of ship class yet anyway. I'll come up with an icon for the explorer class.

The stats seem to be off too. The accelerations seem good, but the rotation power as way too much. The capacity feels a bit small.

Some RCS thrusters on the nose seem to be inverted (check for negative scale). Also, I think only the hover and main thrusters should be _linear, all others should contribute to rotation too.

Edit: shield mesh seems to be missing too. Not sure what the game does if there's none.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

nozmajner wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 pm The stats seem to be off too. The accelerations seem good, but the rotation power as way too much. The capacity feels a bit small.
I don't think the stats have been worked on yet; they're identical to the Lunar Shuttle except for the removal of the fuel scoop slot.