Ground buildings

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
Nyankosensei

Ground buildings

Post by Nyankosensei »

I have some think about filling planet surface but for now i post this starport concept

is hable to carry 8 ship and can be placed everywhere
Nyankosensei

Re: Ground buildings

Post by Nyankosensei »

that is the scaled concept

and we can add 1 more floor for 24 little ships

Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

i have started modelling and texturing, my idea is add police station too idk if i want add a external platform or convert 1 pad for police ships

nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I think, this is a bit too vague and oversimplified right now. And those windows are quite disproportioned.
The idea of a high landing pad is interesting, but it at least should be close to the style of the city buildings. I'm not sure, how plausible it is to have a spaceport that high without much supporting structure.
We should put in quite a lot thouht in the ground station, they will be in the face of the player after all. That's one thing that shouldn't be rushed.
I have sketches for a more low-tech one for the outback systems, I'll upload them when I get a camera.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

I think a starport is like an airport now, it have commercial center, hotels military and police departement, cargo facilities and many others little things, it is not too elevated respect terrain , i have do a big pilar for make possible place it everywhere
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

After some try and follewed nozmajner directive i have totally redone the model

now tower is 60m high with antenna 75

next is remove pad 8 for place police department and remove pad 7 for 4 little ships pads
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

i have started texturing, i want try to import it in pioneer for see how it look but for now i'm hable only to import it in modelviewer

nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I just remembered that I've always wanted to turn this water tower near my home to a spaceport. :D
It's small for sure, but could give us some hints about architecture features.
This is why I think we shouldn't rush this to make a complete model in a few days, but properly iterate through the design. Let me draw some sketches first.
(And I've almost gone through the small shuttle model UV and cleanup video too, I just need to pack in the UV-s properly.)
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

finally i'm hable to import it in pioner but without explanation of how work docking system i'm not hable to make it work, size are half vs old 6 pad and with a right texture i think can be implemented right

FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Erm ,their was a description on the wiki but it seems to have disappeared, I am confused!