Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
Nyankosensei

Re: Ground buildings

Post by Nyankosensei »

Police station and hangar

Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

The station is ready, now is need only docking system, if someone is hable to do it i can post the sources, otherwise i wait for some info

Ideas for cargo facilities are welcome

FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

I'll try and find the document I wrote up for the wiki but if it's no longer up there then I don't know if I have a copy.
There are some notes I made for the stations refactoring commit itself here: https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/pull/2058
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

See if i have understod something, i have to place some empty with name docking_stage#_bay# with the orientation i like, that is enought or i have to add some collissions mesh on pads ?

Edit:

For see police i have to modify something ? i can decide where the police is docked ?
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Yes you place empty / dummy objects with the orientation.
There's some naming conventions to follow so that when the game loads it they can be organised for docking etc.
You need for each docking bay (pad):
  • Approach
  • Docking
  • Leaving
As described in that link.
You also need to add some entries to the station lua file.

Believe it or not this is the less complicated revision of what we used to have! :(

I'm heading out now but I'll try and reply a bit more tomorrow.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Also, you could ask Lionheart over on the Paragon forum how he's done stuff, he might even have the documents I sent him as a guide (http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/70-paragon/)

Paragon uses the same engine and he's built several stations both ground and space based.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

Finally i have defined all bay and approach procedures, i have added all bays at .lua file , but i have always the same problem, ship land on terrain and not on station, i have to parent something for make it work right ?
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Is there some way I can download the files to take a look at it? It'll be much easier.
What are you modelling the station using? Blender? Max? Silo?
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

Thx for your help

here are the sources

here the wip
Last edited by Nyankosensei on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

From a quick look at them in the modelviewer it looks as though they've been exported wrong.

If you pass "-mv" as a parameter to the Pioneer executable then it will open up in a model viewing mode so you can inspect your model a lot faster than going ingame - however there is a bug where you'll need to quit out between viewing different stations as it doesn't reset the docking bay positions between loads it seems...

Anyway if you take a look at the "new_ground" station you'll see that it's waypoints are oriented and position correctly.
However with your "ground_station" it looks like they've all been grouped together and then rotated onto their side, like this:

So they might just need rotating and exporting again. Unfortunately I'm useless at using Blender or I'd try it myself :/