Police craft - replacement

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
FluffyFreak

Re: Police craft - replacement

Post by FluffyFreak »

You could make a civilian, hyperspace capable version of this just by extending the "cockpit" area. Make it roughly 3 times as long with a couple of portholes to make it clear what that space is.
Extend the front of the ship to match and then increase the internal capacity accordingly. It'd be heavier, slower to maneuver, but just about hyperspace capable.
walterar

Post by walterar »

FluffyFreak I agree, that this is a ship very pretty to waste on something that no one will want to see "too close". :)
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I'm glad you like it. :)
I want to design some civilian ships in the line too, transports and such, and also this will have a civilian version too. That only means different texture and a bit different stats.
Anyway, she's on her way to the game, awaiting for merge. Here are some pictures:
robn

Post by robn »

nozmajner wrote:Image
This image makes we want to see a separate landing pad just for police ships, with them all lined up in a row.
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

If this was the forum I'd press the 'like' button. :) I haven't fired on a ground station in quite a while, but the last time I did the ships docked there disappeared and were replaced by police ships. Immersion suffers a bit when you see something like that. The police would logically have their own pad, with gun turrets on it. I hope that's not too off topic. The new police ship is awesome, by the way. :D I think it would look even better if the cockpit's material looked like the one on the Katana. That bit of gold would mimic a motorcycle officer's uniform.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

A police pad or even a separate base as a building somewhere in the city would be nice for sure. There could even be patrol traffic and sometimes a larger "police van" coming and going.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

And here comes the civilian version of the Kanara. Let's say, decommissioned. Slightly different stats and it uses the pattern system. Only the police pattern for now though.

Civilian Kanara mod file
Edit: The mod sets the price for the Police Kanara to 0, so it wont show up in the ship market.
Tichy

Post by Tichy »

To differentiate them even more, the civilian version could be without the big forward cannon (or have a smaller version).
robn

Post by robn »

The civ version does have patterns, so there will be lots of colours out there.
TheBob

Post by TheBob »

The clean look and the original color scheem kind of scream "Normandy!" at my face, although the design is entirely different and no one could ever accuse you of plagiarising anything. If that is a shout-out, very well done indeed. Love it either way!