Ship sketches

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
torham2234

Re: Ship sketches

Post by torham2234 »

Can I start on the next ship in the line? I quite like the Sinonatrix, but I can work on any one you want me to...
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

You can, for sure. :) i've imagined it as a lighter version of the Natrix, sharing some parts. Hope this helps.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

My god the N-gons make life easier. Until now I always thought that face can have maximum of 4 verts. Its just a breeze to work with them!!

I think I will make a new thread for my contributions to keep it all in one place and not pollute other threads. What is the ship line name of these ships(nerodia, sinonatrix)?

Also, how can I post pics here on dev forum?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Yeah, NGons are as much as useful as controversial. :) Just make sure to quad/triangulate them in the end, then they won't cause troubles.
Their line is SolFed's OPLI Barnard Inc, a firm based on penal labour (not forced though, but rehabilitative).

You can post images with the img bbcode, enclosed in []. Just paste the link, highlight it and press the "Img" button and it will do for you. Just make sure that the image is not higher then 480 and wider then 640. With picasa you also need to check Image only (without link) to make it work. You can link to the large image it you highlight the thing, press the URL button and paste the link in the starting url tag like this [ u r l = http://link...]
Simple url's work the same. You can highlight any text, press the button and paste the link on the beginning, or just paste the link and use the url button if you want it to be a plain url. but it seems to be that proper links got parsed without the tags too.

Edit: official IRC channel is also a good way for communication and feedback. And depending on timezone, it can be faster.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

A SolFed medium civilian transport, called Malabar. From the same manufacturer that made the new Kanara, to explore the style.
#26.
(Already working on the model... :D)
Edit: it's in the game already.
Last edited by nozmajner on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBob

Post by TheBob »

Nozmajner, let me just take the opportunity to say that I'm absolutely thrilled by your work. For one I really like the style, but also the way you take the whole art-director thing seriously, make all those guides, and also really guide individuals in their creation. There is visible movement in the art departement since you started to do your thing, and that's precisely what Pioneer needed.

I totally like that sketch too. It reminds me of a lot of the style one can see on the cover of old SF magazines and books, and I happen to like that a lot.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Thank you! I quite enjoy contributing to Pioneer.
I kinda like old SF covers too.

I was playing around with tha SolFed line a bit, and also with three-way symmetry:
#27 A smaller tail-sitter craft:
It resembles Zorg's craft a bit from The 5th Element, but I tried not to use that craft too much as an inspiration to avoid direct resemblance.

#28 A large bulk transport, no atmospheric capabilites:

#29 A small maintenance craft doodle, maybe for Kaluri:
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

Nice sketches, but i wait for a civilian version of the new kanara :), nothing for kaluri with deneb size ?

that ship can be a good start point

nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

#9 & #10 are about the size of the Deneb/Venturestar. I have a base mesh for #9, it's a bit larger then the Venturestar, about 60m long.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

#9 is interesting, i can try do something