Ship sketches

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
torham2234

Re: Ship sketches

Post by torham2234 »

Hi guys, sorry for the long (astronomical) delay.
Over the past few months I have tried MANY times to somehow design the Storeria concept, but it just wasn't working. No matter how many times I tried, I just couldn't make the asymmetric hull to look anything other than butt ugly :(
I have finally gave up on the idea of asymmetric hull, and instead redesigned the front of the craft to be symmetrical. Tell me what you think...

nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Hey! Welcome back :)
I didn't realized you are working on this vessel. I wasn't sure about that sketch really. I think there's a place for asymmetry in general, but it wasn't doing much good to that sketch.
Can you upload the model, so I can check it out? I think it looks good, but there are some things I'm not sure about and I'd like to see it in 3D.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

You sure reply with lightning speed!!! :)
I just came back to say that that was in fact an outdated pic, and re-upload the newest one and you have already seen it!! I can upload the model, but you will probably just laugh, its very much a work in progress. As such there is NO optimization, and everything is subject to change. Not to mention the lower part of the craft is missing atm, since I just use Z mirror while I work on the general shape of the craft....

Anyway, here is a better pic, with reworked front, to keep it in line with the sinonatrix a bit more...

nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

No worries about the model, I just like to see it from different angles, that's all :)
I already like the proportions of it anyway.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

Ok, here goes. As I have said the bottom is just a mirror atm...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3rye2 ... 2_05.blend
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Thanks. :)
I realised what was bugging me. All other OPLI ships have intrusions, not extrusions on their hull. And those extrusions felt odd to me
I've mocked a way I'd do it as an example:
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

My god that looks so much better!! Gimme the mesh, or should I redo what you have done there? I must admit that it has been quite a while since I have worked on those ships, so I have totally forgot about that concept feature...
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I can give it to you, I just don't want to rob the joy of creating the ship from you. :) Your call if you want it.
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

nozmajner wrote:I can give it to you, I just don't want to rob the joy of creating the ship from you. :) Your call if you want it.

Already on it :)

Also I thought this was a medium/small transport ? I thought around 50 -100 ton cargo including hyperdrive....
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I'd position it somewhere between the the Natrix and Nerodio. I just used the cockpit to measure the scale approximately.