new here

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
mearth

new here

Post by mearth »

Hello...
I am new here... I have 3D modeling skills and texturing... I am glad this project exists and evolving... I was or I am still big fun of Frontier and Frontier: First Encounters...
If my skills will be usefull for This Project... wow, that would be very exciting...

p.s.
Forgive me my poor English
nozmajner

Re: new here

Post by nozmajner »

Welcome
All hands are appreciated. :)
I'd recommend skimming trough this forum, there are some threads about artwork, and about work in progress crafts. There's also a ship sketch thread, if you are trigger happy :).
Also there are some things on our wiki.

Also, most of us hang out on our IRC channel too, if you need quick feedback, or just want to talk. :)
Evarchart

Post by Evarchart »

Welcome! :)

I too am new here, these are a really friendly bunch of guys and a great project to be working on.

I recently got my first (small) graphical asset into the latest build and I can assure you it will be a great buzz for you when you see your name in the credits. :)

I am sure I speak for the other when I say I can't wait to see what you can do :)
Zordey

Post by Zordey »

Welcome mearth,

nozmajner has pointed you to the sketches and wiki site I mentioned to you yesterday on IRC so hopefully that will keep you busy for a couple of days :)
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

We really need to either sticky those art threads or move then to their own sub forum!
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

@FluffyFreak
I had a though to write a sticky post on how to contribute to the game, to answer all the "usual" questions. However, I decided to do it as a wikipage instead:
http://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/How_you_can_contribute

@mearth
Welcome! Any 3D model of anything, that fits in the game is much appreciated. Feel free to share your ideas, and sketches.

Edit
we really need to either sticky those art threads or move then to their own sub forum!
Done.
mearth

Post by mearth »

There is much to read and think... at the beginning, I'll need some time to "embrace" it.
If I will have something new I post it... I'm working on sketches of models.

regards and Thanks again for the warm welcome