Add model from other game (vegastrike free game)

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
FluffyFreak

Re: Add model from other game (vegastrike free game)

Post by FluffyFreak »

Well the collision mesh isn't being loaded, you need to add: "collision agricultural-collision.obj" to tell it to load one as a mesh - you might also have to call that models mesh "collision" or something - usually we merge all of the collision objects into a single mesh to make it easier for the collision system.

Other than that the high LOD seems to have another station stuck through it, and there's no landing pad collision meshes defined.

You need to define some some geometry, usually a box / cross, and name it appropriately - "collision_pad1", "collision_pad2", etc.

Then place the end of the approach vectors inside it so that as a ship approaches the last on it hits it, that's what triggers the switching over to the docking stages.
Darkdesire

Post by Darkdesire »

Thank´s a lot fullyfreak

I will give it a try tomorrow asap
Darkdesire

Post by Darkdesire »

Well

ok now my vessel can dock on my small station (finally, i've made a small cube to test, add some geometry and collision mesh). The last problem i meet is the vessel orientation, it's not all good. My vessel don't crash but is not correctly oriented in approaching, docking and leaving the station.

Here, the link with my small station. If someone can help with this.

http://dl.free.fr/gWxwOJ0X4

Thank's
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Yeah if I ever get time to do anything with the docking then fixing orientation is a must. When I rewrote it last I mostly just reused what was already there but made it so that you only had to specify it in the 3D modelling program you were using rather than typing it out with Lua.

There's a writeup in the original Pull Request, I wrote that up into a wiki entry... but it seems to have been deleted? I'm not sure what happened there!