Tide ship

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
darekdeo

Re: Tide ship

Post by darekdeo »

Hey,
I would like to share the model I've made so far. Haven't added anything since last update, merged mirror and started working on dock. I tried to approach it few times, but I've always closed the Blender after rotating the scene, I simply can't find motivation to do more 3d modelling right now.

Hopefully it is temporary, but I will share the model just in case. Feel free to pick it up and do some editing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrlfdy9saktsr ... blend?dl=1
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

This happens to me all the time. Usually when I get to the texturing part. I think you will actually miss doing 3D after a while :) (I always do)
Pick it up whenever you feel like it. If anybody does anything to the model, we'll document it here.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Also most importantly: thank you for the work you put in that model!
darekdeo

Post by darekdeo »

Sure thing, I will check out this thread first whenever I will decide to do some more 3d modelling.

This is not the first time I am taking a break from 3d, so I might come back later. Currently I must also take care of other things and projects I did neglect recently.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

...Continuing from IRC
@darekdeo:
Actually it imports rather well into Pioneer. Exported with default settings. All animations seem to work except for the front gear hatches (those won't even move).
And due to the missing landing tag, it sinks into the pad, but you can still take off. Didn't tried landing.

One thing to keep in mind for the UVs: Having seams and separate UV islands wherever you set an edge sharp works better with normal mapping bevels on those edges. (and in general).
Here's the mod file.
It uses the Wave stats for now.

To fix the front hatches: I usually line up the X axis to the axis of rotation, and only animate X to avoid that wiggling around problem you get when you rotate on more axes. Import and check out the Mola Ramsayi for example.
darekdeo

Post by darekdeo »

Woah, thanks. Will check it out in free time.
darekdeo

Post by darekdeo »

Updated model and animations. Tide has now it's own properties in game and properly setup tags. Small gallery: https://imgur.com/a/LUcmX

Now it's time to make proper UV unwrap and then textures.
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Nice!

Sorry of not seeing it until now. Most of us on the "core" team have pioneer-downtime at the moment.
Real life.
darekdeo

Post by darekdeo »

Again I have long break from 3d modelling, I haven't touched this model for more than a year. If somebody wants to check it out I do have recent files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ne_90f ... sp=sharing

Model is UV unwrapped, I've also started working on high poly version before the break, I think I've finished general shape but without any decals. I've included in game export directory in .zip too, so it's "playable" :).