Ground station remake

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
nozmajner

Re: Ground station remake

Post by nozmajner »

Nice :) Are those spots on the hoses stretching, or just big AO grain?
I already started to replace those icons, so they will change for sure. I have something for water and Hydrogen already, and I'll come up with something (nothing finalized) for the others too, when I get home from work. (Radioactives will stay similar to what we have now).
(links to SVG.)
robn

Post by robn »

I wonder if we should find a way to add arbitrary game icons to models. I'll think about it.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

robn wrote:I wonder if we should find a way to add arbitrary game icons to models. I'll think about it.
Nice to see Faction icon over the starport, is better if we can link patterns to factions too

For now i have scaled surface and added colors to icons

Now i want do police station with that layout

"Starport Name" "Faction Icon" Police

label_foo_001 can work ?
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

robn wrote:I wonder if we should find a way to add arbitrary game icons to models. I'll think about it.
As decals?
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

If you tell about goodies can be usefull for containers but not for static models, faction icons are welcome.

But now i have a dubt, Simbol for hydrogen why is H2 and not only H ?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

As far as I know it's usually stored in molecular form, either high pressure, or liquid. It stays in molecular H2 from at standard conditions too.
And it looks better that way too, which is a plus. :)

I'd say those icons should be smaller, right now it skews the scale of the station in my opinion. The same goes for those little displays on the connections. Right now they look like if they are about 1 meter long.
And those grains look suspiciously large. Are you sure the UV scales are correct?
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

Police station and resized silos icons surface, monitor need to be big becouse they are not too accessible, 1 is 2m from the ground and the other is 5 meters

But i don't like this size of icons, i prefer the old big version
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I think it's better this way. Looks less like a toy, but an actual tank. I know those screens are not accessible, that's why I think they look off. No sense putting a tiny screen 5m high where you need a ladder to see it properly. I'd say a common display on the hub for those tubes would look better.

And I'm still saying, the UV islands are not to scale. The AO grain on the end of the tanks are much larger then on the body of the tank. And neither of them is to scale with the side of the building. And the end of the tanks seems to be stretched too.
I like the Police building. The decal could be a bit larger or smaller though, so it doesn't touch the thin stripes, but either overlaps, or has a margin.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

Finished Police station

Map of fuel thanks is not scaled right becouse the faces where i have icons are more big versus others

every idea on how i can map them better is welcome but after pad surface and roof i have only 4 corners for map all remaining buildings
Reuse

Post by Reuse »

First of all I really like the overall design of the ground station.

The only thing I really think looks cheesy are the icons on the tanks. Tanks and storage facilities almost never have an icon of its content in a prominent location. If they have any special marking, it is the logo or slogan of the operator or fuel provider.

The content of the tanks often described by color coding of the outside of the tank and/or adding a hazard materials warning sign. But even then the signs describing the content and warnings are much smaller than the logo of the operator.