Space & Ground Station Modeling

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
walterar

Re: Space & Ground Station Modeling

Post by walterar »

This ship is running smoothly for years. Never had this problem. Is, say, a standard test for me. Besides, is not the only ship that is stuck.

But if you assure that all is well, go ahead.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

nozmajner wrote:@walterar: Are you sure the collision of those crafts are correct? I've checked, and none of the stock ships clip trough the pad. Even that cute little walker craft Nyankosensei made stands there correctly, and that one has animated collision mesh.They float above it by about 10cm or so though.
I think the same, what is the name of this ship ?

I want see it on modelviewer first to do some sentence.

I have redone collision mesh and some tuning for docking

if you want try it i uploaded those 2 file here (is not a mod is need replace those 2 files manually)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ8Mq ... sp=sharing

Edit
For be correct, plane collision hit approach_stage or collision mesh of the pad ?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

@Niankosensei: Nice and quick! :) The stock xylophis sinks though:

@Walterar: It's working for me with the Adder I pulled from your mod (PioneerScoutPlus-G12.zip from ssc forum) (before the fix, it works similar with Niankosenseis fix, or the stock station)
Edit: And I checked both the source and the dae of that station (downloaded from 2637), and the empties were on the same level for each pad, with only a fraction of mm difference.
Edit2: And I noticed that the Mola floats with the new collision, so I need to fix that. The others are nicely resting on the pad. I have to check this animated collision, because the lower fin causes the problem.
Last edited by nozmajner on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walterar

Post by walterar »

The'm seeing. These meshes have a resemblance to the technique used by Fluffyfreak in their ground stations. I start testing in the game. The problem is that this happens only with NPC ships. It's not easy to catch them.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

nozmajner wrote:The stock xylophis sinks though:
That is a good news to me becouse collision mesh of the xylophis need a little update (collidable moving part ?)

@Walterar: Problem of tradeship.lua ?

Edit

we have to watch where go to hit NPC ships on landing, now i have collision and approach stage at the same level (40 m from center of the object) but idk how work npc ships
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

@fluffyfreak:

How can it work right if don't have collision mesh for gear ?

walterar

Post by walterar »

@Nyankosensei

Worse than before. You can raise up the meshes 50 centimeters?

Or maybe a meter. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions. But I'm sure it is necessary to raise up. I want to try until it works.

When I say happens to NPC ships, I mean accelerated time. Clogging does not happen at normal time.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

walterar wrote:@Nyankosensei

Worse than before. You can raise up the meshes 50 centimeters?

Or maybe a meter. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions. But I'm sure it is necessary to raise up. I want to try until it works.

When I say happens to NPC ships, I mean accelerated time. Clogging does not happen at normal time.
I think is better do the think in the right way, when we understand how work landing pad is not to difficult fix ships or pads, if now we raise of 50cm and we broke all ships done in the right way ......
Now we have collidable moving objects and we can use them for landing gear and other proupose why don't use them ? if you have problems with some ships i can help you to fix them without touch original object
walterar

Post by walterar »

This is the current difference.

Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

this ship have no collision for landing gear, by now is not possible it work right, if you try the anax or other ship with collision for landing gear they are placed right over the surface