OPLI Barnard ship line.

Spacecrafts, buildings and other 3D asset creation
nozmajner

Re: OPLI Barnard ship line.

Post by nozmajner »

That's the good spirit. (And that's why I pushed my cleanup to the side too.) :)
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

Cleaned model, tinkered textures, 2 colour patters (old scratched one and refurbished clean one), low LOD and all that.

I think next up is Storeria, I quite like the look of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dj31n ... rix1_2.zip
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

Looks good! Handling is a bit numb, but it works fine and can be explained with that this ship is built for acceleration so rotation power suffered. Price is negative with a fresh start, you might want to increase that a bit for now, until the rebalance is worked out.
I think you should bring this to the issue tracker for inclusion.
It's strange that one of my drawings came to life by somebody else's hands. :)

I wasn't really happy about the Storeria to be honest, and it's a bit vague, and haven't really thought about how would that build. I'm curious what will come from that thumbnail :D. Do you need some other drawings for it?
torham2234

Post by torham2234 »

Thanks! I really like this one.
The stats are temporary at best, until we get some sort of concrete framework set in place. They can be changed easily later on. For example there should be a only handful of exhaust velocities at best. That stat is largely dependant on the principle of propulsion, not the size/number of the thrusters. Realistically, you would have only 3-4 different types of engine to choose from where the exhaust velocity would vary dramatically.
The price is really just for testing, so that you do not have to fly around and earn money just to give it a spin. The only deliberate stat on the ship is that it has got a rather poor retro thrust. See I have completely forgot about retro thrusters, and had to include them at an advanced stage of modeling. I thought that would be a nice bit of backstory, like the engineers forgot to design adequate retro thrusters, and had to re- engineer the prototype or something. Thus it has very low retro thrust.

I will see what I can do with Storeria. I will show you the rough model, and you can give me some more detail, if you do not like it or something. I will be very busy at work again (and for another month or so) so progress may be slow.

PS: What is this issue tracker you speak of?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I've compared the sizes of the OPLI Barnard line. You might want to reduce the size of the Sinonatrix a bit.
The original is on the right, and the one with a more reasonable size in the middle. The smaller one is resized to 0.686 and it' lenght is 16m. I think it fits the line better this way.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

Nerodia need to be resized too becouse is too big vs new dsminer, i thing is good if it mach venturestar sizes
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

I think the Nerodia is at a good size. I will play around with the size of the DSMiner, it looks odd among the others with it's new size.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

PS.

if you change something again in dsminer put a lvl8 - lvl9 hyperdrive by default on it for don't have hangs problems, same for the nerodia and venturestar need a lvl 7 hyperdrive
robn

Post by robn »

Actually I'd rather you didn't work around a bug. Instead get me a reproduction and I'll fix the bug properly.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

more than a bug it seems logical that they fail to make hyperspace jumps if they do not have a suitable engine to achieve a close system