Economy rebalance

A quieter space for design discussion of long-term projects
joonicks

Economy rebalance

Post by joonicks »

Regarding this project, I thought that maybe the effort is a bit too... premature?

What I suggest is to first establish a metric to compare with and measure success by, like "profit/day", even making it into a configurable amount that can be referenced in code. then once the code has reached balance, anyone unhappy with the difficulty (or even have "profit/day" be based on a configurable difficulty setting?) could change it.

determining careers and deciding how much any given career should get as "profit/day".

like...
goods trader, 1000 profit/day
bbs courier, 1500 p/d
miner, 1500 p/d
passenger liner, 2000 p/d
explorer, 2500 p/d
pirate, 3000 p/d
bounty hunter, 5000 p/d

once metrics and goals has been agreed on, success can be measured by the group, instead of being left up to a single devs opinion.

/j
jimishol

Re: Economy rebalance

Post by jimishol »

Sorry, for replying here, if it is not used to reply posts in this forum. I just finished an article with my thoughts on the subject. Since i want to just give the link of it, instead of creating a new post, allow me to put my link here. It is a pdf file i created using latex. I uploaded the relevant pioneer-economy.tex file, in case anyone want to use it, as all files or tools i used for it.

I welcome anyone to check https://github.com/jimishol/Pioneerspac ... ng_economy