OpenGL 3.x renderer

A quieter space for design discussion of long-term projects
FluffyFreak

Re: OpenGL 3.x renderer

Post by FluffyFreak »

Progress made, decided to try the downloadable build, tada! It has exactly the problems described on the same machine that my own builds works on.

Looks like it might be due to MXE.
laarmen

Post by laarmen »

OK, I'm coming in a bit late in the discussion, but I didn't have time for Pioneer until now.

So, of course, I grabbed the latest of master, compiled (and had a coffee), and ran the thing without expecting much troubles. After all, I'm running it on a 2nd generation Intel Core integrated GPU, those buggers are fairly recent, they should have a fairly recent OpenGL version built-in, right? And those guys over at Mesa ain't lazy, so they've keeped up the pace and implemented the necessary bits, haven't they?

Turns out they haven't. My laptop cannot run anything higher than OpenGL 3.1.

So, I vote for 3.1 support. Were I the only one in the dev team unable to run current versions, I wouldn't mind, but since impaktor is stuck as well...
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

So, I vote for 3.1 support.
Latest master is already downgraded from 3.2 to 3.1, since #3265
laarmen

Post by laarmen »

The API used might be 3.1 compliant, but we still ask for a 3.2 context. I've just submitted a PR to fix that, it is a trivial change but my mind would be more at peace if FluffyFreak would give his ACK.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Yep, I merged it in, stupid mistake by me.