Suggestion: Additional player logs

maotjon

Suggestion: Additional player logs

Post by maotjon »

I've been playing around with the player logs, system, station and custom logs.

I think some additional things to automatically log might be really fun to be able to compile a full story of your journey:

Kills
Amount of cargo (and base value) and cash money on arrival and departure at station
Criminal record
Missions (accept, succeed, fail)
Ship Equipment purchases and sales
Crew hires and fires
maotjon

Re: Additional player logs

Post by maotjon »

Oh yes, also, entries when you take screenshots too, so you can view your sight seeing photos in context.
impaktor

Re: Additional player logs

Post by impaktor »

So a stats-tab? Why not?

Note: the three tabs is a hack because we already had three tables that stored data on each jump, as of several years ago, but they were never used for anything (I think they were meant to be there if any mission scripter needed them), so I just barfed them out to three tabs, (however, the code ended up still breaking saves I think).

Sounds fun with screenshots :) Not sure how the UI would be to decide where / if / when to include screen shot in the log.

Then there are other considerations: like the player would want to log tech level of stations, and other static things.
maotjon

Re: Suggestion: Additional player logs

Post by maotjon »

Thanks Impaktor,

I do worry about adding more and more things causing us to use more and more memory, both in save files and live.
impaktor

Re: Suggestion: Additional player logs

Post by impaktor »

Got me thinking of Dwarf Fortress, where the whole point of playing seems to be to then share epic story / log of unbelievable things happening, and building up a rich and deep story.