Feature request: link to related system overview from sector map Object info

For suggesting features that might be useful
DynV

Feature request: link to related system overview from sector map Object info

Post by DynV »

From a combination of tiredness and being in a rut of looking at multiple systems in the sector map, I forgot that the stations can be seen in the system overview (by 1st selecting it in the sector map). The end of my hyperspace route had a "non-unitary" system (>= binary), with some distanced with multiple days of regular travel; and I chose one which surrounding had no or limited stations, and ended up loosing multiple in-game days.

Today realized that I'm not limited to taking a guess at the system content from the sector map Object info, that I could see it from the system overview, and I propose there would be a link from the former (to the latter), ie by double-clicking the listed sun or huge planet.

Thank you for your consideration
FluffyFreak

Re: Feature request: link to related system overview from sector map Object info

Post by FluffyFreak »

It is very annoying when this happens and you drop out at the wrong Star within a system.
impaktor

Re: Feature request: link to related system overview from sector map Object info

Post by impaktor »

Not sure I understood exactly, but there are at least two places you can set which star in a binary system to target, in the jump, i believe clicking twice is one of them, where it cycles through the options, in system view. At least that's how I remember it, last time I tried.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

There's also a list in Sectorview, where you can choose the destination star of the selected system
DynV

Post by DynV »

The point was that I would only stick to the Sector Map not realizing I could use the System Overview to figure if a target was a good fit for my goal. I know that logically I should have made the connection, but at that time I was not in a logical disposition, but I did try to double-click the different parts of the system in the Sector Map; so I'd like it if doing so would open up the System Overview with the target (star) either
  • centered
  • highlighted on the map
  • highlighted in the overview window
I don't know if I forgot to choose the option to be notified of replies but I wasn't.