Brown Dwarf Expansion

CMDR ARGHouse

Brown Dwarf Expansion

Post by CMDR ARGHouse »

Thought I would take the time to expand upon the classes of Brown Dwarf stars in the game, currently there are classes L & T, class Y will likely be ready to implement tommorow.

nozmajner

Re: Brown Dwarf Expansion

Post by nozmajner »

That looks rather cool!
CMDR ARGHouse

Post by CMDR ARGHouse »

Y class is implemented, jumped to a system with a Y class in the effort to take a screenshot, crashed into an L class star in the attempt to refuel. I should probs just make custom systems an LY out from Sol for testing purposes in the future. Side note NPC population defo becomes a problem after a few months pass, especially in this system where they spent all their fuel trying to dock at an orbitally fast rock. debug read something just over 11000 ships.
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Have you pused to a branch on git?
CMDR ARGHouse

Post by CMDR ARGHouse »

Not yet, will be within the week.
CMDR ARGHouse

Post by CMDR ARGHouse »

I've got my additions related to the galaxy generator working with a purely Pioneer related source, just got to figure out how to use git from the wiki instructions. I can only make a commit request to the upstream repo if I am a contributor of the repository?
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

You don't have to be a member to create a PR. Come by to IRC if you get stuck, the good people there will be able to help (not me, my git-fu is rudimentary at best)
sturnclaw

Post by sturnclaw »

I'd be happy to review the additions to the galaxy generator code once you get a PR made! The first step you'll need to take is forking (= make a personal copy of the main pioneer repository) the repo, then from there you can push your changes in a commit to a new branch on your fork and can open a PR through the web interface at that point.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Did this go anywhere?
Reading up about the classes of Brown Dwarfs on Wikipedia was interesting, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_dwarf