Trying to customize Sol

impaktor

Re: Trying to customize Sol

Post by impaktor »

I'm not sure I see how more stations makes the game more fun? All stations are basically clones of each other. From my perspective, it doesn't add any interesting gameplay. On the contrary, it exposes the weakness of our procedural generation.

If we want to give the feeling of a system teeming with life, adding more traffic would be better, so when you approach a city/orbital, ships come and go. Ideally, there should also be small (hover) cars zipping around between the buildings on ground level :)
FluffyFreak

Re: Trying to customize Sol

Post by FluffyFreak »

It's less that I think it's requried for fun, more that it's very incongruous there are so few.

There's several things that I think should be there, and this applies to other star systems, like cities with no spaceport. So that cities != spaceport. But also from a believability point of view some of these worlds have billions of inhabitants, but only one or two cities and nothing else.

The cities themselves look about the size of medium sized town, not enough for the number of inhabitants.

Also I agree that there needs to be more traffic, ships in seas (<--we also need seas for that), and better environments. But you can't hold back one set of plans until they're all in place.