Using Github - process, help

emptyhead41

Using Github - process, help

Post by emptyhead41 »

Hey all.

I've just edited some stuff in missions that I thought might be useful and was wondering what's the process for checking if stuff is wanted and reviewing the code to make sure it's good enough quality or provide feedback?

Changes I made:
Cargo and package delivery missions list the starport to deliver to, but I always found it annoying to then have to keep switching to the map screens to see where that station was before deciding if the run was worth it.

I've changed the lua files for CargoRun and DeliverPackage to now display if the station is on or orbiting a body and, if that body is a sub-body of a major planet (such as Jupiter's moons), to display the main planet as well. Pic will probably show this better

I'd be interested for feedback about the wording to display it - this was the best I've come up with just for myself really.

EDIT:
Just found the wiki. I'll read over it :D
impaktor

Re: Using Github - process, help

Post by impaktor »

Hi!

Yeah, info should be on wiki on how to set it all up.

Ideally, we would have like "hyperlinked" destinations, possibly with mouse over/tool tip for which system, distance, coordinates, and if you click it you end up at sector map, maybe in a new separate window frame.
emptyhead41

Post by emptyhead41 »

Ooh - yes, that would be excellent. Way beyond my meagre abilities at the moment tho. Is that something that's being looked at for the future? Actually is there any kind of roadmap that people work from or towards? Would be good to look over to see if there was anything I could do - although the quality of work on display so far would make me think it's all a bit beyond me just yet :)
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

There is no schedule, people work on what they want to work, when they can.

Here's a list of what kind of game we want Pioneer to be(come):
https://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/Roadmap