gamespeed acceleration setted by speed

Nyankosensei

gamespeed acceleration setted by speed

Post by Nyankosensei »

Always do the same action make the game slow and boring, if time acceleration is setted automatically by the ship speed make the game more fast and fun, with events like ship near or attack game speed come back automatilly to 1x like now
Tichy

Re: gamespeed acceleration setted by speed

Post by Tichy »

IMO, since speed is always relative to another body, time setting should also depend on the distance of the nearest targeted body.
I think that the time acceleration limit should behave more smartly (at the moment it's too easy, and tempting, to abuse the maximum speed. I think that too much speed riuns the atmosphere of the game: it kills the feeling of long space distances and long travel times. Anyway, it's always possible to override the time speed limit, for those who wants a more speedy gameplay.) and to be more aware of the distance needed to stop in the vicinity of your target.

(OT: Anyway, I think that it shoule be easier to do in-system transfers. Not using autopilots or devices that hides you the phisics of the game, but with a more informative interface and 'smater' defaults. It's more rewarding when you learn something, than by having a computer that does all the difficult thing in your place. :) )
Last edited by Tichy on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

I'm trying nozmajner rebalance and with a correct use of time acceleration the game can become more exciting and fun lor short travels and for long interplanetary flights, ther'is always the problem of calculating when starting brake but with a gameplay more fast become more easy learn from experience
Tichy

Post by Tichy »

That's good! I didn't tried his mods, yet.
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

No point speek about gameplay here, developers are not interested ...
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

@NyankoSensei:
Why do you say that? You can't really except huge changes in a short amount of time, especially from the already stretched developers, working in their free time and who are making a pretty good job in my opinion. Like robn got the gun and camera mount tags in game in about a few days after it came up that the old way of definition was funky.
Also there's a lua equipment branch in the works as far as I know, which will change all kind of things, and I understand if there isn't much motivation to work on directly gameplay related stuff that could potentially be rendered irrelevant as soon as the lua equipment arrives. (My guess anyway)
Also UI is a main question of gameplay, and it's constantly worked on, so...

I think it's not really productive to say things like that. Try motivating the developers with good artwork instead. Trust me, they appreciate that a lot. :)
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

@NyankoSensei
This is actually one of the reasons we don't work directly on gameplay as much as we'd like, we're often busy trying to open up the game using scripting, data files, configuration settings etc so that people who aren't programmers can make more influential changes to the game. Otherwise the few of us who are programmers act as a bottleneck for other peoples ideas.

Please bare in mind that much as other people are here because they want to get some audio / music in, or because you want certain ships, I (and the other coders too) are here because we want to see something in the game. We'd really love to have all the time in the world to implement everything that people would like but we just don't, so we focus on what the project needs most urgently and on what we want to see.

To give you an example take a look at my personal issues list (https://github.com/fluffyfreak/pioneer/ ... state=open) for Pioneer.
That's just what I'd like to get done. At my current rate of progress that's... probably 5 years of work - before I do anything for anyone else or work on the features that Pioneer need or the bugs that need fixing.

it's not that we don't want to do stuff, it's that we're really lacking in developers, and time. We really appreciate it that you guys are picking up so much of the artwork now, even with just a couple of ships it already feels like you're adding so much and so quickly.

Andy
Nyankosensei

Post by Nyankosensei »

I'm sorry for this bad entry, but after 3 days without smoking was probably an outburst (now i'm smoking and i can write here) and now you all know i'm an idiot.
walterar

Post by walterar »

Welcome! Already one of us! :)