Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X work with Pioneer?

x8s

Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X work with Pioneer?

Post by x8s »

Is it possible to get joystick, throttle control and all buttons to work with Pioneer? I found only axis settings, but they did not work.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/tflight-hotas-x
nozmajner

Re: Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X work with Pioneer?

Post by nozmajner »

You can't set axes to the translation controls (yet, hopefully), so no throttle control. Buttons should work (they do for me, same stick).
Keeper

Re: Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X work with Pioneer?

Post by Keeper »

Yeah, throttle axis isn't possible, but all thrusters can be mapped. I'm using a joystick plus buttons on a steering wheel plus buttons on a shifter. I use the hat switch on my joystick for the translation thrusters (up/down/left/right), then two buttons next to the hat switch for forward/backward thrusters. I have an old version of Joy2Key running so that I can map the landing gear to a button as well (hopefully that will be mappable within the game at some point). The hat switch on my shifter unit is used for views, and a few other buttons scattered about for various things (buttons on my wheel for time acceleration, for example).

The only thing you really can't do with a controller setup is adjust the low-thrust level. You still need to use the mouse for that, which is really annoying because the only time you really need to adjust the low-thrust level is precisely when you can't afford to be taking your hands off the stick! I think the easiest solution to this would be to have the set-speed adjustment buttons (which are mappable) also be used for adjusting low-thrust level whenever set-speed mode isn't active.