questions about factions

matanzan

questions about factions

Post by matanzan »

A few questions about the factions. How does it work?

1) Is it possible to add a specific 'race'/ set of pics for npc's to a faction? If so, how would I do that?

2) A general question: is it possible to add a custom background to NPC/pilots. The original 'general.png' background is replacable, but (if possible at all) how can we have more backgrounds ... adding extra like 'general_1.png'doesn't seem to work. And how to get these into specific factions?

3) I was amazed by the topic 'fluffyfreak's dreams' on the eye-candy custom backgrounds in cities and starports (where you can get missions from npcs), of a few years ago, and I was like: I wish that could be possible, it would make this game so much lively.
Any chance someone's gonna work on these?

Faction, planets and cities would get a 'house style', and a 'history', which will certainly add to the whole atmosphere of the game. I can figure people will be able to write their own story (in a a mod) about a couple of co-ordinates in the Pioneer-galaxy for others to visit.

https://spacesimpics.weebly.com/solfed.html : SolFed Police Force
nozmajner

Re: questions about factions

Post by nozmajner »

Facegen is not depending on any faction currently.

There's a way to add custom backgrounds: you put the into the species/backgrounds directory, and name them background_1.png, etc.
policestation_1 and warehouse_1 should change the appropriate places background.

Not much work on huge station backgrounds right now, they are quite a lot of work to make properly, either with 3D or painting by hand. (and badly done backgrounds would hurt the game a lot. Also, first the UI should be moved to imgui, before anything like that could happen)
There's also an idea for allowing the player to roam Zelda stlye, but that would be a huge mountain of work, and it didn't even got to a prototype phase (and I don't think it would happen anytime soon).
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

nozmajner wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm There's a way to add custom backgrounds: you put the into the species/backgrounds directory, and name them background_1.png, etc.
policestation_1 and warehouse_1 should change the appropriate places background.
That hasn't worked for quite some time.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

It shows that the facegen sank into neglect in the last quite a few years. Which is a shame.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

It looks like that functionality was lost a LOOONG time ago, like 2014.

Looks like there's a single background that it uses for everything now.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Fairly easy to add back in though