201309.37-win32 feedback & issues...

Core

201309.37-win32 feedback & issues...

Post by Core »

Great work!

Now some issues (may have all been corrected?):
1) Crashes, OpenGL issue(s)? can't play very long, maybe 1-12 minutes total, even if i leave the title screen open it will crash. To actually play game i have to save 2-3 times per trip. I tried numerous graphic settings changes with little effect. OpenGL error(s) during frame: GL_INVALID_OPERATION​, Given when the set of state for a command is not legal for the parameters given to that command. It is also given for commands where combinations of parameters define what the legal parameters are.

Code: Select all

GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if mask contains any of the GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT or GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT and filter is not GL_NEAREST.
            GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if mask contains GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT and any of the following conditions hold:
            The read buffer contains fixed-point or floating-point values and any draw buffer contains neither fixed-point nor floating-point values.The read buffer contains unsigned integer values and any draw buffer does not contain unsigned integer values.The read buffer contains signed integer values and any draw buffer does not contain signed integer values.
            GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if mask contains GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT or GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT and the source and destination depth and stencil formats do not match.
            GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if filter is GL_LINEAR and the read buffer contains integer data.
            GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if the value of GL_SAMPLES for the read and draw buffers is not identical.
            GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if GL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS for both read and draw buffers greater than zero and the dimensions of the source and destination rectangles is not identical.
            GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION is generated if the objects bound to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER_BINDING or GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER_BINDING are not framebuffer complete.
2) I can be destroyed by moving space stations i'm trying to get near, it would be nice if i parked somewhere i would not be smashed by the station/planet i'm trying to visit.
3) If i do collide, i would like to see it happen from a camera perspective outside the ship, all i get is a tombstone, it would be nice to "see" why i died in graphic detail.
4) Landing zones "sink" below the surface and become unlandable by Auto Pilot or manual, something is wrong with code, surface is higher than landing pad, in fact the landing pads disappear and ship gets hull damages trying to land. (Currently, Mexico City & Enki cannot be landed on anymore). Update, i can land on Enki again after a few months of trips elsewhere.
5) It would be nice to see other traffic, like police, other ships, etc.
6) Regarding issue #1, if i sort my quests my distance it works, but if i sort by name it almost always crashes soon after.
7) Why can't we have a percentage of profit/loss automatically shown on our goods? It seems like the whole trading thing is so primitive, how come we have technology to fly from planet to stars, but no means of profit/loss comparisons when buying/selling?
8) It appears the Load/Save screen is pulled from the "old DOS" way of doing it, which is horrible, the save button should not be at the bottom of the window because the text box is at the top, Enter should default to a Save/Load keypress, even double-clicks should work, but alas.
9) Along the lines of #8, various tiny buttons should be more ergonomically placed/sized to follow the flow to reduce carpal and help make the game better for those who need more accessibility built in play (which benefits all players actually).
10) The user's Pioneer folder should be in ./My Documents/My Games/ btw.
11) It would be great if there was a restore original Key Bindings button. (I have to save a copy of the original configs.ini file otherwise.)
12) Just played old fork/build called "Paragon", its graphics are more game-like, no ugly "faces" during communications, simple HUB icons, ships are blocky and toy-like, etc. it does not crash every 10 minutes, which makes me think somewhere the builds went South, i'll try to go back and locate a Pioneer build that does not crash on my SSSE3 level Intel Core2 CPU & Intel GMA 4500MHD GPU IBM laptop combo. Played a dozen builds back, or so, the 201309 builds all crash on my hardware. =(
13) Not really a issue, but all the ships are only really heavy back thruster only concepts, few really have side thrusters to control pitch/yaw/roll. I'd kinda like to see some VTOL styles; btw, what do the hyper-drive units look like? Everything looks kinda Ion-drive like, do we have pulse or atomic fission/fusion drives too? maybe pulse drives could emit some plasma rings on exit?
14) I really wish the F4 info would stop disappearing after 10 seconds, i have to keep pressing F4 to keep it there.
15) The Load/Save window is sorted by alphanumeric, not by save date&time, very hard to use that way.

I'll be loading up the new per-release today, you guys are great programmers! Very fun game to play!
=)