Websites upgraded+secured; help wanted

robn

Re: Websites upgraded+secured; help wanted

Post by robn »

This is great work ragerin! Thank you!

The download stuff can be done on the server when the site is rebuilt, just as it is now. I'm happy to take the new design and hook it into the site builder we currently use. Maybe someday someone will port the whole site to Jekyll or another static site generator, but I see no reason to hold it for now.

Since FluffyFreak and I both think this is great, and I see no dissenting opinions, and as the guy that owns the web host and wrote the current disaster of a web site, I'm just going to say "yep, lets do this". It may be a few days before I can look at it properly, so you've got time to complain if you think that's an awful idea! :)
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

All systems go!

Let's get this on the road!

Fun story, I think the reason I logged into #pioneer the very first time, was to report the bad layout of the home page, issue #2, so now, that will finally be fixed! (And I can finally log out of IRC!)
ecraven

Post by ecraven »

I've given hugo (gohugo.io) a go, the results are online at https://ecraven.github.io/pioneer-hugo/, sources at github.com/ecraven/pioneer-hugo.
Fully static site, a bit of refactoring necessary, but I'll add scripts to automatically generate the download links etc. It should be simple to hook this up to Transifex, to generate translations for the website.
I don't want to replace ragerin's work, mainly I wanted to try hugo and a fully responsive design (this site should work well on mobile devices).