Ship manufacturers

robn

Ship manufacturers

Post by robn »

NeuralKernel wrote:"Sunfish Industries" has a nice sound to it for a company name.
This reminded me of something. A couple of years ago I was given this mockup, which was the a big inspiration for a lot of text rendering work, the choice of Titillium for the main text font and ultimately for the UI rewrite.

You'll note that under the ship spinner there's some manufacturer and model info. I always liked that as a bit of thematic sugar. Shall we do more (some) of that?
nozmajner

Re: Ship manufacturers

Post by nozmajner »

I kinda like it. Maybe drop the galactic from vessel ID for the sake of better layout. Displaying ship type twice may be a bit redundant too. How about if class is formated more like an identifier, like MiG29, F-16 and such?
robn

Post by robn »

Sure, whatever. I don't mean this exactly, but maybe something like it :)
Zordey

Post by Zordey »

+1 Its adds a bit of depth.

Possibly add the description from the Wiki as a popup window in the shipyard as well? Just to add a bit of backstory into the actual game
jmf

Post by jmf »

Nice, I would like to have something like that.
It would make the world that is created more believable when there is background info about everything.
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

I really like the backstory idea. Would the text be in the data/ships/<shipname>.lua file with a tag to tell the game how to display it?
jmf

Post by jmf »

I began changing ship info layout on the wiki.
I also added space for manufacturer info and similar.

Once I found a wiki about the world of half life and portal. I spent hours there, reading, always finding new things that I didn't know yet.
I hope that some day someone can spend hours reading all the interesting things about the pioneer universe in the wiki.
Zordey

Post by Zordey »

jmf wrote:I began changing ship info layout on the wiki.
I also added space for manufacturer info and similar.

Once I found a wiki about the world of half life and portal. I spent hours there, reading, always finding new things that I didn't know yet.
I hope that some day someone can spend hours reading all the interesting things about the pioneer universe in the wiki.
I have updated my two ships with manufacturer information and I have added some detail to the Venturestar page, I will get a screenshot later, if you could do the silhouette view (or let me know how you done it so I can make one that looks the same)