OSX Build Script

eloquentmess

Re: OSX Build Script

Post by eloquentmess »

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that it's doing well for you. Be sure to check this thread periodically for updates; I keep the link in the original post updated every time I release a build.
mack

Post by mack »

Will do, looking forward to the latest build!
eloquentmess

Post by eloquentmess »

The newest update has been posted!
mack

Post by mack »

Thank you! I'm downloading it now. I will keep you posted.
eloquentmess

Post by eloquentmess »

I have set up a cron job that will automatically build and upload the newest version of Pioneer when my computer is running. However, until I can figure out how to automate uploads to the Subversion site (I'm looking at you, Rob!) I won't be able to automatically update the website.

I wish I could automatically update the URL and everything here so I don't have to do it manually every time. I could update much more regularly if I could script the uploads and URL updates.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Do you have a new set of instructions, or updates to the existing one,s so that a user can build it themselves?
eloquentmess

Post by eloquentmess »

My cron job was failing because apparently it doesn't run the script in the right directory. I'm working on figuring this out. In the mean time, I am still running the build script by hand whenever possible.

Building this for OSX can be a pain in the butt. I do plan on putting together a script that will do everything from scratch, but I don't have another Mac to test it on. I'd like to make it so that anyone who wants to can download a script on to a brand-new (or freshly wiped) Mac, run it, and automatically install and configure everything necessary for my build script to work.

It will be a while, though. I've got all kinds of life getting in the way. But I haven't quit the cause either! So keep an eye out.
eloquentmess

Post by eloquentmess »

Well, my host went offline. AnonFiles.com seems to be down.

I would LOVE to have access to the sourceforge page...
mack

Post by mack »

eloquentmess wrote:Well, my host went offline. AnonFiles.com seems to be down.

I would LOVE to have access to the sourceforge page...
The only bug I've found it when you press the right mouse button to take control of the ship it pitches and yaws to a point roughly mirrored from the crosshairs to the mouse pointer.

Apart from that I've found no other bugs exclusive to your Mac version.

These releases should go on the normal download page!
eloquentmess

Post by eloquentmess »

AnonFiles is back up!

As for putting these on the normal download page, that is something I would LOVE to do. Problem is, I need access to the SourceForge page, and I need to be able to script the upload. (The script part is optional, but would make life easier for me.)

I've released a new update for today (September 1).