Bug with Bulletin Board/Mission

Navi1982

Bug with Bulletin Board/Mission

Post by Navi1982 »

When I try to get local delivery in system Gliese 4 (0,-4,-3) from Fortress Bennet starport to Anderson Town - then ad is not removed from the list, with the following choice ads, one opens up in the list. If you take the second ad, the same does not disappear from the list, but selected two ads above. However, if you try to open the previously opened ad, then gives an error with ejection from the game.
The error is:
lwho

Re: Bug with Bulletin Board/Mission

Post by lwho »

You had the game paused, right?

I also stumbled above this and created the following issue on GitHub.
Navi1982

Post by Navi1982 »

Yes... You are right! Need to be corrected. May be as interdicting relations with station's people (rooms) when game is paused.
Navi1982

Post by Navi1982 »

Another Bug in Delivery package...
Its hapened when I got 2 missions in same system, but 2 different starports. Ahother thing is one of the delivery is dangerous (lol ;-) )... And error shown when I jump in the new system right after arrival. I think, when is time to generate enemy ships.
lwho

Post by lwho »

Navi1982 wrote:Another Bug in Delivery package...
Now tracked as #2806
Navi1982

Post by Navi1982 »

Thank you very much! I am happy now :)
But, when I arrived to my target in system Veay A [8,-4,1] at Fitzpatrick Station - I've seen an incredible planet and port where I can't land, cose relief of planet not permited me. I will try to restart the game and go there again...
Maybe it happens because I started the game in v.20140306 and loaded in v.20140311?
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

No that's a known bug with the terrain generation I've tried fixing it before but the fix was rejected.
It's one reason I'm rewriting the damned thing.
Navi1982

Post by Navi1982 »

Ok... I am not lucky :(
And that is my problem with landing - Station port is covered by terrain...
for big version of image try this https://plus.google.com/photos/11549940 ... 0774757425
walterar

Post by walterar »

The problem is not the shape of the asteroid. This can be "incredibly beautiful."

The problem is to build cities and space stations in its surface. This can be "incredibly ridiculous."

In Pioneer Scout+, this problem was solved simply by avoiding the generation of target missions to asteroids. This prevents the failure of the mission and the frustration of this ridiculous situation.

I think the best solution I can expect of cxx.dev is, the Pioneer engine not generate space stations in the asteroids, at least "default".
robn

Post by robn »

No, the best solution you can expect is that we fix the terrain generator to not generate crap. Which is what Fluffyfreak is doing.