Removing OS X build

robn

Removing OS X build

Post by robn »

#2702 reports problems with the OS X build and a possible fix using an alternate build of assimp.

Since the builds we do clearly aren't working, and I have no way to fix them myself (I don't really have access to a Mac) I'm going to stop producing them.

They can come back if and when someone can produce a working set of steps to build and bundle the game from scratch - something that I can turn into a build script. If anyone reading this feels up to the challenge it would be a huge help.
FluffyFreak

Re: Removing OS X build

Post by FluffyFreak »

I've got a Mac Mini running OSX 10.8 but I've never gotten it to compile Pioneer :/
It's used as the media server/box in my living room.

I'll see what state it's in since I last tried it out.
robn

Post by robn »

The funny thing is that I'm quite happily compiling Pioneer every day. It just seems that the linkage is broken even though it appears to happen successfully.

Hopefully you get somewhere with it.
jpab

Post by jpab »

The __sincos_sret thing is because something has been built for OS X 10.9 and is then being run on OS X 10.8.5 (the submitters of both #2702 and #2610 report using this version).

OS X 10.9 includes __sincos_sret in /usr/lib/system/libsystem_m.dylib, OS X 10.8.5 does not, hence the failure. The solution should be to configure the OS X build so that it targets OS X 10.8. (If you're wondering why there is a call to __sincos_sret at all, it's because the compiler inserts one if you use both sin(x) and cos(x); it's faster to compute both at the same time, which is what __sincos_sret does)

The problem seems to be in assimp, which (I think?) is being built with macports... in which case, the macports build config needs to be changed. In /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf, add:

Code: Select all

macosx_deployment_target            10.8
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET            10.8
I don't use OS X myself, so I can't vouch for the veracity of all this, but all information came from StackOverflow: ___sincos_stret undefined symbol when linking.
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

As we're having the bathroom gutted this week (and possibly into next) I can't physically get at my Mac Mini right now :(
FluffyFreak

Post by FluffyFreak »

Just a note that there's yet another OSX 10.8.5 user on the forum with the same issue http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/42 ... cos-stret/