Building Pioneer with code::blocks (Windows)

Luomu

Re: Building Pioneer with code::blocks (Windows)

Post by Luomu »

http://tehsausage.com/mingw-to-string

I made it work using these instructions but can't really consider official :)
walterar

Post by walterar »

Luomu Thanks, seems to work. I say "seems" because at the end of the compilation, shoots this error:

Code: Select all

:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgalaxy
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lterrain
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgameui
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcollider
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgui
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lscenegraph
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ltext
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lui
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgraphics
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lglew
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ljenkins
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ljson
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llua
c:/tdm-gcc-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpicodds
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (1 minute(s), 33 second(s))
14 error(s), 337 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 33 second(s))
Some idea?
Luomu

Post by Luomu »

Looks like it cannot find the pioneer libraries, could be just a build order problem. Try building the "pioneer" sub-project instead of the top level workspace/solution. It shouldn't be necessary to manually build each sub-library project.
walterar

Post by walterar »

Surely some stupid detail I forgot. I think this will work. I'll keep looking, the solution is near.
walterar

Post by walterar »

Success!

| | === Build finished: 0 error (s), 429 warning (s) (3 minute (s), 32 second (s)) === |

The only problem is that I had to replace your SDL2.dll to the of pioneer-thirdparty. It now supports C++11 (at least to_string) :)
I did not find, yet, how to include (static) libraries into the executable. Is possible with this system?
Luomu

Post by Luomu »

Updated instructions & links: http://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/Building_with_Code::Blocks

The dependency package has a couple of changes
- rebuilt assimp, the previous version was too new!
- rebuilt libsigc as static library, and statically linked c++ runtime (no longer required to copy libstdc++.dll or have it in PATH)
I did not find, yet, how to include (static) libraries into the executable. Is possible with this system?
That would require rebuilding all dependencies (SDL, libpng, libvorbis...) from source as static libraries.