Autopilot behavior with closeby ships around

clausimu

Autopilot behavior with closeby ships around

Post by clausimu »

I guess this was bound to happen at some point - but I recently crashed into another ship while flying on autopilot. The other ship had launched from a base and I was trying to land. At ~15 km distance from the base we crashed into each other and then the police came chasing me because I was considered a pirate (I guess for ramming the other ship). While I love the response by police (!!) - the behaviour of the autopilot might be questionable. Maybe at a certain distance between ships the autopilot should induce an evasive maneuver or switch to manual (or sound a warning) ? Just thinking out loud here. But I guess if we increase traffic considerably (as I am trying to do with custom scripts) this is going to be happening much more. Alternative is to always land manually. But that is not for the faint of heart...

Claudius
Marcel

Re: Autopilot behavior with closeby ships around

Post by Marcel »

I had a similar experience, colliding at the waypoint. Upon arrival the base was full, so the autopilot waited at the waypoint until someone took off and plowed into me. Some traffic control enchancement seems to be needed. Also, the police response is way out of line in this situation. In most parts of this world, if you have a traffic accident the police don't come after you firing their weapons.