Provide an option for flat colour text background box

For suggesting features that might be useful
mikehgentry

Provide an option for flat colour text background box

Post by mikehgentry »

This has been mentioned before at least once (but that wasn't the focus of the thread, so I don't think this counts as a duplicate)

https://forum.pioneerspacesim.net/viewt ... f=10&t=665

I'm seemingly something of a pioneer playing this on a Steam Deck, and it works really well all considered - glad to see development is still continuing!

I'd like to request an option to put a background (a black box with any style-appropriate border seems obvious) around the text on the HUD. It's not very easy to read on a small screen, and can be essentially impossible depending what you're looking at.

This is particularly true for the message box in the top left due to font colour. But I suppose if you're going to do it, may as well do all of it.

Cheers, and belated happy new year!

eta - BTW your anti-spam question when you sign up to the forum says "if this is 2024 please get someone to update this". It is, in fact, 2024 :)
impaktor

Re: Provide an option for flat colour text background box

Post by impaktor »

eta - BTW your anti-spam question when you sign up to the forum says "if this is 2024 please get someone to update this". It is, in fact, 2024 :)
Yeah, I updated the question around new year, so should be workding. Didn't consider that warning text.

It's possible the text transparency can be turned of at lua-side. "git grep -i transparent" from data/pigui/ seems to indicate it (although that's mostly/only buttons, what I can see.).