Feature request: Change avatar in game

For suggesting features that might be useful
yitianetie56

Feature request: Change avatar in game

Post by yitianetie56 »

Hi,

I am new on this forum and this is my first request. In the last build, we cannot edit our avatar picture, after launched a new game anymore. However, in the last stable, we could edit our profile and change skin, hair, clothes. It is just a small detail but I like to change the clothes periodically during a game. It could be nice if this small feature could come back.

Thanks by advance.
impaktor

Re: Feature request: Change avatar in game

Post by impaktor »

You set your avatar when you start a new game.

My thinking is once we get a pirate system, there will be a BBS advert to wipe your history clean, get a new name & face & ship registration.

Not sure what mechanics we should use for ust changing clothes. (Less "smell factor" in the ship?).

Btw, this is all in Lua code, so it's "moddable", if you want to write your own BBS advert as described above.
yitianetie56

Post by yitianetie56 »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and I understand your thinking. But it is not question to completely change the avatar in game. We could change only some features like hair, glasses, clothes, like in real life. But I admit that the skin color, mouth, eyes could only be set in the beginning of the game.

I ask this feature as I don't have knowledge in LUA code yet. Could you plan to implement this feature in the future ?
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

Yes, it's in the back of my mind. But I personally haven't had motivation to code in a while (read: +1 year perhaps).

Lua isn't any more difficult than Python. Lots of tutorials.

For a pirate BBS advert, you'd basically copy-paste code from the current face selecting code, into something that looks like data/moduels/DonateToCranks.lua