Higher time acceleration, autopilot altitude hold, confirmation for equipment purchase

For suggesting features that might be useful
OName

Higher time acceleration, autopilot altitude hold, confirmation for equipment purchase

Post by OName »

1. Higher time acceleration. This one feels pretty awful in-game. As long as you are anywhere near a planet, you need to wait a long time irl. Orbital scans feel like shit to me with the current values, as do sub-orbital flights. Maybe it could be more general, or orbit-based. IDK.

2. Autopilot altitude hold (planetside). I had a very annoying experience with a surface scan mission. I got assigned a planet with 1g, and for several minutes straight I had to maintain my altitude, holding down upward thrust and calibrating with the mouse. There ought to be an autopilot option to hold altitude or something, maybe part of some autopilot upgrade.

3. Confirmation for equipment purchases. I once clicked on a thing to see if it'd display any text, and it just straight up purchased it without a prompt. I think it should have one. Commodities do, and they are typically much cheaper than equipment.
impaktor

Re: Higher time acceleration, autopilot altitude hold, confirmation for equipment purchase

Post by impaktor »

1. Not much to go on here. The scanning missions ("Scout") are new, thus we rely on players to tell us of examples that don't work. Best is to find system/missions where things are out of whack, and provide us with save file, from most recent pioneer build (or better yet: from master branch), and describe the issue. Naturally, we have not tested the every possible parameter the mission can generate, with every ship and planet combination.

2. sounds like 1.

3. Equipment is currently having a complete re-write, this will also affect the buy/sell interface, so this will be fixed at some point, if the Equipment re-write makes it to the finish line.
OName

Re: Higher time acceleration, autopilot altitude hold, confirmation for equipment purchase

Post by OName »

Regarding 2, I figured that one out, the forward cruise option. Still somewhat buried in the UI.

Regarding 1, it's not about the missions, it's about being locked to the third time option (x100) even on high orbits. That's the issue. The scan requirements are okay, the problem is you have to do them in basically real-time. I think the player should be given the ability to go much faster, maybe assuming they are in a stable orbit.
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

You can force higher levels of time accel with ctrl+LMB. The limit is there because phsysics can be unpredictable at higher levels. Especially collision detection.