Feature request: hyperdrive engine failure not be a game over

For suggesting features that might be useful
DynV

Feature request: hyperdrive engine failure not be a game over

Post by DynV »

I'd like that hyperdrive engine failure not be a game over anymore. I suggest there be some random delay for either a mechanic to come fix it, or a large ship come pick it up, for the latter ie a Deep Space Miner. If you didn't have money to pay for either of those you're either have to
  1. hand out equipment, ie you have 5 shields, 4 missiles and an ECM and you drop to 2, 1 & 0 respectively, or
  2. leave your ship with them and be given a cheaper loaner ship with an average equipment for that ship
either as guarantee or to be sold; possibly for the former after some time without paying your debt that some interest be added, and after some more time, ie 3 months, your ship be sold and you be given the difference (possibly adding selling fees), and for the latter for #2 that you're dropped to a station that have >= 1 ship you can afford.

I thought about it submitting this some time back but at the time thought it was too obvious to require a feature request for that, but here I am just in case, as I think beyond fixing--important--bugs, it should be the priority.

Thank you for your consideration

Update 1
Optionally, and in less priority than all the former IMO, if the failure is in a system with a decent potion of pirates/criminals, have a % of combat throughout the wait.
impaktor

Re: Feature request: hyperdrive engine failure not be a game over

Post by impaktor »

Having crew (or player do some mini-game to) repair stranded ship is something we'd like to add, question is how to make it interesitng.

Also, we had a distress call button in OldUI, but it never did anything. I think we've removed it, but this is also a functionality we'd like to see.