Feature request: ship prices with same equipment

For suggesting features that might be useful
DynV

Feature request: ship prices with same equipment

Post by DynV »

When I look at ship prices, I always end up guessing about how much it would cost to get the same equipment after buying it, then I remove that and see what I can get, by see what cost less than that deducted/reduced amount.

I'd like if there was either a 2nd price or a toggle to switch to the actual amount it would cost if it was equipped the same (# of shield generators, same main weapon, etc). Something like
  1. Price: $X After trade-in: $Y After trade-in with same equipment: $Z Buy Ship
  2. Price: $X After trade-in: $Y/Z [checkbox labelled With same equipment] Buy Ship
Thank you for your consideration
impaktor

Re: Feature request: ship prices with same equipment

Post by impaktor »

Might be some ambiguity there, since the current hyperdrive might not make sense with what can be fitted in the new ship.

Perhpas a "buy simulator" / "cost plan", or you first put item in basket, before pressing "purchase", would solve the same problem ypou describe?
DynV

Post by DynV »

Sorry for the delay; it's been multiple times I don't get notified by email even though I set myself to be notified of my thread. I think I was unclear, what I meant was: anything that isn't already equipped be equipped the same. For example, in the future the Deep Space Miner come with a 17MW blast-mining cannon in the front then only the value of your current back weapon would be deduced for the "After trade-in with same equipment" price.
impaktor

Post by impaktor »

(Forum-email hasn't worked propperly in many years).
nozmajner

Post by nozmajner »

An overhaul of the ship buying UI and UX could solve that I think. But I suspect that the equipment hardpoint system would be a requirement for it.
A buy simulator/cost plan approach could be very nice I think.