Feature request: aggressive fuel consumption option

For suggesting features that might be useful
DynV

Feature request: aggressive fuel consumption option

Post by DynV »

When my target is at or very close to a gas giant with a reasonable gravity, I plan to scoop fuel after my objective is completed. When setting the autopilot there seem to always be non-negligible remaining fuel which is fine for the vast majority of cases, but for the case I brought up, I need just a bit over what's necessary to scoop to be remaining, say 50% extra in case I "bounce" when scooping. Oh! I forgot it might not just be a reconnaissance mission and there might be fighting, so options for both
  • 50% extra what's necessary to scoop and
  • 2X scooping.
I'd like an option to use fuel aggressively; perhaps with Ship information > Equipment > Autopilot, which currently clicking doesn't seem to do anything, a panel could cover the interactive 3D model of the ship (where the option would be).

Thank you for your consideration
nozmajner

Re: Feature request: aggressive fuel consumption option

Post by nozmajner »

Not sure what you mean. You want an option for the autopilot to be less conservative in terms of fuel?
A workaround: you could just accelerate a bit manually, then turn the autopilot back on for the deceleration phase. But be careful not to raise your speed above the remaining deltaV (left side gauge)
DynV

Re: Feature request: aggressive fuel consumption option

Post by DynV »

nozmajner wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:33 pm Not sure what you mean. You want an option for the autopilot to be less conservative in terms of fuel?
Yes.
nozmajner wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:33 pm A workaround: you could just accelerate a bit manually, then turn the autopilot back on for the deceleration phase. But be careful not to raise your speed above the remaining deltaV (left side gauge)
That make sense. Thanks for letting me know what to look for to not be overly aggressive in my fuel consumption.

I don't know if I forgot to check to receive reply notification but I wasn't, so sorry for the delay.